The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 17, 2001
- Messages
- 53,099
DeGeurin stressed DeLay's lifetime of public service, detailing "his good works for his party, his state and his country," and claimed that the prosecution was "political."
Not a single mention of Tea Party Whacktardery.
What is the world coming to?
This was my favorite:
What good works?
Again I say, only three?
Wasn't the minimum sentence for one of the charges he was convicted of five years?
Dammit, Scrut, I wanted to get to this first. My thread title would have been "Slammer for The Hammer".
Is it okay if I change your thread title?![]()
Insert standard boilerplate for agreement with the condemnation of prison rape jokes boilerplate here::Insert standard boilerplate condemnation of prison rape jokes here:
...
Moving on, I still don't get why I'm supposed to be outraged by this. I'm glad he's out of politics, but it seems like he just juggled the bags of money clockwise instead of counterclockwise and the referees judging the clowning contest threw him out.
He took $190,000 dollars from corporations and funneled it to candidates in violation of the rules that say you can't do it that way. Ok, Bad-Tom-Delay, bad boy. But much vaster sums of money get spent from similar sources on behalf of candidates all the time perfectly legally to no such outrage.
Can I call 'em or what?Dammit, Scrut, I wanted to get to this first. My thread title would have been "Slammer for The Hammer".
Dammit, Scrut, I wanted to get to this first. My thread title would have been "Slammer for The Hammer".
Is it okay if I change your thread title?![]()
:Insert standard boilerplate condemnation of prison rape jokes here:
Moving on, I still don't get why I'm supposed to be outraged by this. I'm glad he's out of politics, but it seems like he just juggled the bags of money clockwise instead of counterclockwise and the referees judging the clowning contest threw him out.
He took $190,000 dollars from corporations and funneled it to candidates in violation of the rules that say you can't do it that way. Ok, Bad-Tom-Delay, bad boy. But much vaster sums of money get spent from similar sources on behalf of candidates all the time perfectly legally to no such outrage.
It seems silly to me to laud spending millions of dollars for campaign advertising through PACs as a sacred expression of free speech, yet criminalize giving a fraction of that money to candidates directly.
Hope his "Bubba" shows him the love!!
1. Will he actually go to jail?