• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Applicability of Bazant's model to the real world

You nailed that one.
Constrained the seats in rotation? Conservative? Conservative for what?
whoo-boy

How about posting some videos or jpgs of your work.

Do you check your FEA's with hand calculations?
 
Last edited:
How about posting some videos or jpgs of your work.

Do you check your FEA's with hand calculations?
Unbelievably from a truther, that is actually an intelligent question. I know of idiots who do not.
and just a few of my things...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacelab
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1982STIN...8311171F
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementine_(spacecraft)
http://www.busmag.com/PDF/MCIG4500.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Strike_Fighter_Program
http://www.google.com/images?q="Gul...tle&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQsAQwAA&biw=1680&bih=874
 
Last edited:
So I shouldn't hold my breath that you are going to show us your skills in FEA?

Psst, the things he's designed work as intended. Which means his modelling actually reflects what really happens in the real-world.

Here's one of mine. It hasn't fallen down! Guess that means I did the modelling correct, huh?

Do you have any structures that you successfully modeled and were built?
 
Section 4: Entitled "Can crush up proceed simultaneously with crush down?"

Bazant begins to explain, "It can, but only briefly at the beginning of collapse, as mentioned in the paper" (BV).

He then goes on to "prove" why it "can't". Only a true disciple of Bazant can read this and believe what he says. What a crock!

You have stated that a progressive collapse is inevitable also. ROOSD or some such acronym.

You have problems with Bazant's analysis/paper.

What does your analysis say?

How does it happen?
 
You have stated that a progressive collapse is inevitable also. ROOSD or some such acronym.

You have problems with Bazant's analysis/paper.

What does your analysis say?

How does it happen?

His model is the columns of the upper and lower block missing each other and the collapse propagating through the collapse of the floors. In engineering parlance, this is somewhere between, "duh" and "no :rule10 sherlock". He's yet to understand that Bazant's papers are talking about a maximum limiting case.
 
Great, we have two folks that show me pictures/links of their projects, though I haven't seen any demonstration of FEA. This topic is "Applicability of Bazant's model to the real world", and I show by doing the Ryan Mackey Hardfire Model Challenge on another forum, that Bazant's model isn't even applicable to WTC #1.

Now, we wait for either one (newtons bit or rwguinn) to disprove my model (hopefully with a model of their own), before I declare victory (to the challenge).

I read newtons bit's post above and I am guessing he'll just continue to use his verbal skills, instead of a model. Did you get your engineering license yet?
 
Last edited:
.... This topic is "Applicability of Bazant's model to the real world",...
I was thinking that we had forgotten the topic and were into challenging each other to show what we did in real life.

Well for quite a few years I was in charge of the department that cleared all the blockages in the sewers of Sydney. If I produce photos of some sewers will my statements about WTC Collapse be more accurate?

The test of whether a claim about WTC collapse is correct isn't how many sewers I cleared. It isn't even "Has it been published in a peer reviewed paper?" though that could be of indirect relevance and I understand why the more academic of us tend to lean that way.

BUT the real test of a claim is "Is it right?"

Merry Christmas everyone! Now let's see what's in my stocking......:rolleyes:
 
And if we go back, I don't ask what anyone does for a living, just demonstration that one can do an FEA.
 
These two statements are conflicting:

I read newtons bit's post above and I am guessing he'll just continue to use his verbal skills, instead of a model. Did you get your engineering license yet?

And if we go back, I don't ask what anyone does for a living, just demonstration that one can do an FEA.

In typical truther fashion, you have stated that you don't ask what people do for a living directly after you asked a question directly related to what people do for a living.

Fascinating! One must wonder what fantastic leaps you take to ensure that you are always right.
 
"Applicability of Bazant's model to the real world"

Bazant's model is as applicable to the real world as F=ma; both models baffle the failed 911 truth movement cult members who regurgitate lies and are confused by science while spewing delusions.
 
I was thinking that we had forgotten the topic and were into challenging each other to show what we did in real life.

Well for quite a few years I was in charge of the department that cleared all the blockages in the sewers of Sydney. If I produce photos of some sewers will my statements about WTC Collapse be more accurate?

The test of whether a claim about WTC collapse is correct isn't how many sewers I cleared. It isn't even "Has it been published in a peer reviewed paper?" though that could be of indirect relevance and I understand why the more academic of us tend to lean that way.

BUT the real test of a claim is "Is it right?"

Merry Christmas everyone! Now let's see what's in my stocking......:rolleyes:

Has enik released his model? I don't recall seeing it. But then again, I haven't been following this sub-forum much of late.
 
"Applicability of Bazant's model to the real world"

Bazant's model is as applicable to the real world as F=ma; both models baffle the failed 911 truth movement cult members who regurgitate lies and are confused by science while spewing delusions.

Both are applicable within the limits of their assumptions. Given that the OP Title presumed one model, you see two and I am not sure whether there might be three..... or more.

Then again F=ma doesn't tell us a lot about refraction of light through water so we need to take care we apply it where it is valid. Determining the limits of validity is the key.

Which, I suppose, is the purpose of this thread. And 'truthers' can be correct just as easily as 'debunkers' can be wrong. And not everything a 'truther' says can be described as "...regurgitate lies and are confused by science while spewing delusions." The bits they get right are bits that are right. :rolleyes:

PS The Christmas Stocking had a half share in a gas barbecue.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom