tsig
a carbon based life-form
- Joined
- Nov 25, 2005
- Messages
- 39,049
I just need to find a way to to prevent the floors from buckling due to building sway.
Sway bars!!
I just need to find a way to to prevent the floors from buckling due to building sway.
Dammit! That stuff was designed for Aerospace use only!Unobtainium has replaced rigidium in most modern buildings.
There's nothing in his statement that requires correction. Got logic 101?
You nailed that one.
Constrained the seats in rotation? Conservative? Conservative for what?
whoo-boy
FEA 101:You need to take a course too. What is the difference between rigid and constrained rotation?
Unbelievably from a truther, that is actually an intelligent question. I know of idiots who do not.How about posting some videos or jpgs of your work.
Do you check your FEA's with hand calculations?
Unbelievably from a truther, that is actually an intelligent question. I know of idiots who do not.
So I shouldn't hold my breath that you are going to show us your skills in FEA?
Sway bars!!
Section 4: Entitled "Can crush up proceed simultaneously with crush down?"
Bazant begins to explain, "It can, but only briefly at the beginning of collapse, as mentioned in the paper" (BV).
He then goes on to "prove" why it "can't". Only a true disciple of Bazant can read this and believe what he says. What a crock!
You have stated that a progressive collapse is inevitable also. ROOSD or some such acronym.
You have problems with Bazant's analysis/paper.
What does your analysis say?
How does it happen?
sherlock". He's yet to understand that Bazant's papers are talking about a maximum limiting case.I was thinking that we had forgotten the topic and were into challenging each other to show what we did in real life..... This topic is "Applicability of Bazant's model to the real world",...
I read newtons bit's post above and I am guessing he'll just continue to use his verbal skills, instead of a model. Did you get your engineering license yet?
And if we go back, I don't ask what anyone does for a living, just demonstration that one can do an FEA.
I was thinking that we had forgotten the topic and were into challenging each other to show what we did in real life.
Well for quite a few years I was in charge of the department that cleared all the blockages in the sewers of Sydney. If I produce photos of some sewers will my statements about WTC Collapse be more accurate?
The test of whether a claim about WTC collapse is correct isn't how many sewers I cleared. It isn't even "Has it been published in a peer reviewed paper?" though that could be of indirect relevance and I understand why the more academic of us tend to lean that way.
BUT the real test of a claim is "Is it right?"
Merry Christmas everyone! Now let's see what's in my stocking......![]()
"Applicability of Bazant's model to the real world"
Bazant's model is as applicable to the real world as F=ma; both models baffle the failed 911 truth movement cult members who regurgitate lies and are confused by science while spewing delusions.