Arthur Mann
Banned
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2010
- Messages
- 404
Wow. Just wow.
Scintillating retort.
Your best argument for proving that the conventional gravity model is wrong is . . . it's popular?
I haven't presented any arguments, as I am not arguing, merely trying to help you learn. I pointed out that popularity of an idea in no way reinforces its (real or presumed) validity.
Gravity is quite well-demonstrated in small-scale laboratory experiments, and when we scale the resulting models up to large scales, the models show that large quantities of hot gas (say, 10^30 kg) should compress themselves quite nicely.
I'm sure you'd agree that attraction exists in the universe. Please describe an experiment that can verify "gravity", which we can't generate, amplify, block or manipulate in any fashion, is the cause, and not the very real forces of electricity and magnetism, which we can generate, amplify, block and manipulate freely.
[ETA -
Please describe an experiment that can be used to verify this capacity of gases to compress themselves.
]
[/QUOTE]I've found that I cannot block, amplify, or manipulate the island of Madagascar. Should I conclude that it's fictional?[/QUOTE]
Your claim that you can not manipulate Madagascar is accepted. Does that suggest that the laws of physics forbid simulating Madagascar in the lab and manipulating it? Certainly not. Your comment is a red herring.
Last edited: