• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

How can we punish the TSA Gate Rapers?

The answer is ridiculously simple, and it is in the following direction:

It is not for you to know because you don't have a need to know, and to know it would have a high security clearance level.
As if we're the policy makers with top secret clearance and not just people yammering on the internet. Sheesh.
 
Number of people killed on 9/11: ~3000
Number of hijackers: 19
Number of deaths per hijacker: 3000/19 ~ 158

Number of people killed in the OK City bombing: 168

So, per capita, Timothy McVeigh was a worse mass murderer than the 9/11 hijackers, but not by much.
McVeigh had an accomplice, so 84. They just each equaled the Govt score, Ruby Ridge + Waco: 82.



Thus I make my case that we should profile all white males that attempt to fly on planes in the United States.
Please inform your school administrators of your logic and that you intend to teach that to your students.

Oh, and let us know how that works out.


Or, for that matter, those who wish to drive trucks.
I'm all for being very careful -- yes, let's profile -- about who drives trucks. I don't think white males is really the top worry though.
 
The only people really suffering from the War on Terror are those who have sacrificed their sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers. Personally, compared to what they have gone through, if the only sacrifice I am required to endure is to allow a scanner operator to see my junk then so be it.

Can I cut off your little finger? As long as I tell you it's to fight terrorism, without providing evidence that it will help to do that, would you gladly make that small sacrifice?

Hell, send me $1,000 so I can put a camera on my roof, that way if I use it to spot Bin Laden walking down the street I can report him. Check is in the mail I assume?

C'mon people these emotional appeals are just proving that "there's one born every minute". How many ridiculous no-bid contracts for proprietary "most expensive machine in the whole hospital"-type equipment will taxpayers have to bear just because we're told it's for our own good (and many of us believe it)?

Monty Python said:
2: And that's the most expensive machine in the whole hospital!

1: Yes it cost over three quarters of a million pounds.

2: Aren't you lucky!
 
Last edited:
Well the other option would be just accept the odd blown up airline and not make such a big deal over such a small number of deaths.

Well, there is a price to pay for freedom and that price is that you are somewhat more vulnerable to terrorist attacks. It's a trade off.

I think getting to the airport three hours early to stand in line and have my junk tickled by x-rays or a male TSA agent is too much of a price.

However, if it were hot, naked, female TSA agents, I'd show up three DAYS early and enjoy every second of it. :D
 
{rant}
My answer: Profiling.

It is not discrimination, it is using your ^%$# brain. If one sector of the population is causing the problem, base the 'random' searches on that sector.

This country has become so 'P.C.' that is has resorted to patting down a 7-year old girl by TSA?! This is ridiculous.
{/rant}

Yet terrorists put explosives on children.
 
Number of people killed on 9/11: ~3000
Number of hijackers: 19
Number of deaths per hijacker: 3000/19 ~ 158

Number of people killed in the OK City bombing: 168

So, per capita, Timothy McVeigh was a worse mass murderer than the 9/11 hijackers, but not by much.

Thus I make my case that we should profile all white males that attempt to fly on planes in the United States. Or, for that matter, those who wish to drive trucks.

168/2 You forgot Terry Nichols
 
McVeigh had an accomplice, so 84. They just each equaled the Govt score, Ruby Ridge + Waco: 82.

I wasn't counting accomplices, in either calculation. It is a known fact that the 9/11 hijackers also had numerous accomplices; in fact, they had an entire network called Al Qaeda behind them. If you want to include all the 9/11 accomplices, then I think the ratio would flip even more in McVeigh's favor.

I'm counting only the killers themselves, and on that score McVeigh wins with 168 U.S. citizens murdered versus the approximate 158 per 9/11 hijacker.

Sorry this inconvenient fact upsets you; I suppose it kind of sucks the wind out of one's arguments in favor of profiling when it could just as easily be justified as applying to your particular color of skin.

You're right, better to just always point the finger at the other guy - you know, the one who looks differently than you. That always fixes the problem.
 
Last edited:
Please inform your school administrators of your logic and that you intend to teach that to your students.

Oh, and let us know how that works out.

Sorry, I teach physics, not history/social studies. That explains why I can do the math better than you ;)

I'm all for being very careful -- yes, let's profile -- about who drives trucks. I don't think white males is really the top worry though.

Ever been to Idaho?
 
Number of people killed on 9/11: ~3000
Number of hijackers: 19
Number of deaths per hijacker: 3000/19 ~ 158

Number of people killed in the OK City bombing: 168

So, per capita, Timothy McVeigh was a worse mass murderer than the 9/11 hijackers, but not by much.

Thus I make my case that we should profile all white males that attempt to fly on planes in the United States. Or, for that matter, those who wish to drive trucks.

I think your example just shows that we should pat down white males who rent trucks and buy fertilizer.

It should get pretty rowdy down by the CO-OP next spring.
 
Profiling doesn't work when done by race, gender, or other factors in the control of the enemy. Profiling based on suspicious actions on the other hand...
 
I never understand airport culture issues (for instance a lot of Seinfeld's stuff rang hollow) other people's experiences never match mine....

I fly quite a lot and believe me I consider unproductive hours on a plane with strangers, being gouged for everything by a company I have paid a lot of money to so that I can fly hostage on a sweaty flight to be a much bigger indignity than anything the TSA does.
 
How many ridiculous no-bid contracts for proprietary "most expensive machine in the whole hospital"-type equipment will taxpayers have to bear just because we're told it's for our own good (and many of us believe it)?

Since this whole thing began I've wondered just how many hookers and how much cocaine was provided to the TSA officials who foisted these machines on us.
 
As if we're the policy makers with top secret clearance and not just people yammering on the internet. Sheesh.
Agreed. Neither do the morons working tsa have any such clearance.

What I have briefly illustrated is difference between solution method top down rules based and one based on skilled face to face and local ad hoc decision making within context of general guidelines.

Former is a fail of the maginot line variety.
 
Agreed. Neither do the morons working tsa have any such clearance.

What I have briefly illustrated is difference between solution method top down rules based and one based on skilled face to face and local ad hoc decision making within context of general guidelines.

Former is a fail of the maginot line variety.

So sayeth the security "expert" :rolleyes:
 
Yet terrorists put explosives on children.

Source? Preferably one that has anything to do with airplanes? I'd think like the underwear bomber if this had been tried the TSA would be trumpeting that as an excuse all over, yet I can't find one credible source showing terrorists have tried to bring down planes using children as bomb carriers in the US or that there's credible intel saying this is a real threat.

So your statement just seems like FUD to me.
 
What you and your ilk are ignoring is that flying is not a right, nor are you forced to fly. You are welcome to walk, ride a bus, take a car or a boat.

What a bunch of freaking whiners.

David, you seem to be misinformed. First of all, no one is claiming flying is a right. Second, if you buy a ticket, get to the airport, then refuse to be searched for whatever reason, you can be fined up to $11,000.
 
Last edited:
The only people really suffering from the War on Terror are those who have sacrificed their sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers. Personally, compared to what they have gone through, if the only sacrifice I am required to endure is to allow a scanner operator to see my junk then so be it.

Who sacrificed their sons and daughters?
 
I can't help but be amused that one of the manufacturers of these 'see through your clothes' machines is 'Rapiscan'. Not the best marketing decision there. I know they're hoping we thing 'Oh, it's rapiscan, I'll be scanned rapidly and be on my way in a moment, but I think it'll more likely be 'Oh, it's rapiscan, I'm going to be scanned by a rapist'. That might be why in the pictures I've seen the units don't have a visible logo.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom