I guess if your bowel movements rape, murder, and eat children, then describe the act to the parents through a letter, then sure let's hang your poop..
You misunderstand me sir (and I'm sure it is not on purpose). Why do you think your relief enters into the justification of taking another's life?
.
Ever tried to put a string around poop?
About all you could do is put it in a paper bag and set it on your neighbor's doorstep, light the bag, ring the bell, and wait in the bushes.
If grieving families need relief, that's what psychiatrists are for. Indulging the desire for revenge, AFAIK, isn't a recognized medical technique.It was as deliberate as comparing relief from the grief for effected families seeing justice and the general public on ridding itself of a dangerous criminal to feeling better after a bowel movement.
Prisons are supposed to be for the protection of the public and [hopefully] the rehabilitation/correction of criminal behavior, not the happy good feelings of crime victims.It's the same justification for relief by penalty of imprisonment. It's the justification for a lot of crimes, invoking justice on behalf of a harmed party.
Prisons are supposed to be for the protection of the public and [hopefully] the rehabilitation/correction of criminal behavior, not the happy good feelings of crime victims.
The bottom line for me is that the finality of the death penalty as a punishment outweighs the standards for conviction in our legal system. "Beyond a reasonable doubt" as determined in a courtroom is good enough to put someone in prison but I don't think it's nearly good enough to kill, and I don't care if they're being convicted of killing one 80-year-old or forty 2-year-olds.
Maybe.Like I said, it's all philosophy at that point. Your opinion on the punishment is no more valid than anyone else's.
Maybe.
I do wonder, though, if all those who go all weak in the knees over the pain of murder victims' families ever consider the pain of capital punishment victims' families -- especially the wrongly convicted victims.
It was as deliberate as comparing relief from the grief for effected families seeing justice and the general public on ridding itself of a dangerous criminal to feeling better after a bowel movement.
It's the same justification for relief by penalty of imprisonment. It's the justification for a lot of crimes, invoking justice on behalf of a harmed party.
As I have said already, and will no doubt say again, sending people to prison is not to satisfy the family's need for vengeance, it is so that these people who have proven themselves to be dangerous can be stopped from posing a threat.
What then is the justification for killing them? Does it really just boil down to some ones need to gain relief?
Let's imagine that I was about to execute someone. You ask me why. I say, "Well, he's a litterbug. Nobody wants to pick up his garbage. We've gotta get rid of him." You would probably say that this is not a very good reason, and you'd be right.
Let's imagine that I was about to send someone to prison for ten years. You ask me why. I say, "Well, he's a litterbug. Nobody wants to pick up his garbage. We've gotta get rid of him [for ten years]." You would probably say that this is not a very good reason, and you'd be right.
I was only trying to suggest you answer have more emphasis on exactly why you feel that reason warrants this punishment.
I don't feel there is necessarily a price to be paid.