• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Is there an "atheist perspective"?

You're confused. I didn't write the book. Professor Arthur C. Brooks did.
Is he posting here? No. You are. So either you're presenting something that reflects your opinions or you're not. If you are, man up and defend your point of view. If not, stop cluttering up the thread with irrelevant comments.
Then check out the trashy scene after Barack Obama's inauguration. His welfare minions didn't even bother to pick up after themselves. You should be proud.
I'm British. What exactly does Barack Obama have to do with me?
 
Last week’s appalling declaration by Washington that the US would remain neutral in the conflict between Britain and Argentina over the Falklands
Are we fighting that one again?
 
I've never come across "leftist" as a synonym for "secular" before; to me, they are orthogonal terms. You can be be leftist and religious, or right-wing and secular.
.
You're a Brit, zooter.

I'm talking to Americans - you know, those folks you Brits so often call "stupid" and worse.

Now here in America, the Left constantly refers to "neocons," and "right wing religious extremists" and "bible thumpers" and "fundies" and "rednecks" and "fascists" and "Nazis."

Any Leftist knows instantly what you mean by these vile, hateful pejoratives.
You're talking about a Republican - someone who didn't vote for Obama, or Harry Reid, or Nancy Pelosi

Just as there are human beings who are born with neither male nor female organs, while other humans have had their normal organs removed or radically altered, the description of "male" or "female" is not ALWAYS perfect, is it.

But in GENERAL, we can assign humans either a "male" or a "female" characterization. Yes, it's true too, Leftists can make the distinction difficult to assign, and they do this on purpose.

So too, you are generally either a conservative or a liberal.

Middle of the roaders have to take a stand, don't they.
Obama or McCain. Choose only one. Any other selection is utterly wasted.

Why Leftists are so terribly offended by being called "Leftists" when they absolutely delight in calling conservatives "fascists" and "Nazis" and "racists" and "stupid" is just part of the ubiquitous dishonesty, the pervasive hypocrisy of the Left.
 
Obama is a socialist, like you.

Must I explain EVERYTHING?

We are in fact constitutional Monarchists,
.
Obama or McCain. Choose only one. Any other selection is utterly wasted.
Just for the record I would have voted for McCain, but not because of his skin colour which I am quite sure was the only factor you considered
try to remember that just because you think something doesn't make it true

theres a handy list of socialist countries here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_socialist_countries#Current
guess which country isn't on it
:p

Greg Pason said:
“Barack Obama's programs are not socialist."
He would know, dontcha think
:D
 
Last edited:
,,,It was not, I repeat, MY "survey." It was Professor Brooks'. He calls himself a liberal. If you cannot get that simple fact straight, how can you possibly carry on a conversation?...

Arthur C. Brooks is president of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank that has Newt Ginrich and Dick Chaney as its advisors.
Some liberal.
 
Arthur C. Brooks is president of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank that has Newt Ginrich (SIC) and Dick Chaney (SIC) as its advisors. (SIC)
Some liberal.

Speaking of "think" tank, you wrote exactly one sentence, misspelling three words in the process.

Arthur C. Brooks was a professor at Syracuse University when his first book, Who Really Cares, was published a few years ago.

In that book, Brooks CALLS HIMSELF a "liberal."

Some researcher you are.
 
And what exactly are you seeing wrong in the word "advisor"? Glass houses and whatnot, Jonathon.
 
I shall first quote your wisdom, and then follow it up with your most recent quotes, and only your quotes. They explain precisely NOTHING.

ciao

Join four others on my Ignore List


You explaining ANYTHING would be a start.



People HAVE stopped paying their taxes before now. Please find me an instance of someone being shot for refusing to pay taxes.
________________

This alone suggests the article is not worth reading.
_______________

If you're going to be a jerk about the whole thing, Angelon, I'm not going to bother responding to you. Tone down the attitude and maybe we'll talk.
______________

Let me get this straight: the police in England shoot tax protesters for refusing to pay taxes? Please, cite an example of this happening.

_______________

Making the question "and so what?" even more relevant. I don't like cheese, but I don't go around insisting it's nonsense.

Ok, I do. But I don't do it here.

___________________________


This thread is extraordinary nonsense.
 
Speaking of "think" tank, you wrote exactly one sentence, misspelling three words in the process.

Arthur C. Brooks was a professor at Syracuse University when his first book, Who Really Cares, was published a few years ago.

In that book, Brooks CALLS HIMSELF a "liberal."

Some researcher you are.
I don't give a flying conservative about how a couple of neocons spell their names. I could have been employing synthetic irony. You must have a dictionary that's missing the words "advisor" and "gullible".http://www.thefreedictionary.com/advisor
And he might have called himself a liberal years ago,but he ain't one now.
 
Paperbacks are what? £7 now? I'm not paying that much to find out why posting a collection of things I've said recently magically makes the word "advisor" incorrect.
 
Does anyone have a clue what this fellow is babbling on about?

A while ago, I complained about the lack of interesting trolls, and it seems Athe answered my prayers. This guy is actually really good; he made it to fifty posts before finally becoming bit too obvious a caricature. And that's despite the clever hint in his handle.

Bravo, Jonathan. It has been an excellent show. I do hope you'll develop some new material though; remember; the best of acts will be ruined by repetition.
 
//
And he might have called himself a liberal years ago,but he ain't one now.

He's learned a lot. His research taught him exactly how greedy, how mean-spirited, how hateful and angry liberals are as a group.
Dr. Brooks is one of the few who is not so caught up in liberalism that he is brainwashed.

In point of fact, Barack Obama seems to be helping turn the tide against Kool Aid drinkers.

Look, the Soviet Union started a move from hellish socialism toward capitalism.
Why do liberals insist on moving in exactly the opposite direction, when socialism has failed every time it has been tried?

The answer lies in the pathological narcissism of liberals. They truly believe they can succeed where hundreds of millions, even billions of others have failed.
 
.
You're a Brit, zooter.

I'm talking to Americans - you know, those folks you Brits so often call "stupid" and worse.

Now here in America, the Left constantly refers to "neocons," and "right wing religious extremists" and "bible thumpers" and "fundies" and "rednecks" and "fascists" and "Nazis."

Any Leftist knows instantly what you mean by these vile, hateful pejoratives.
You're talking about a Republican - someone who didn't vote for Obama, or Harry Reid, or Nancy Pelosi

Just as there are human beings who are born with neither male nor female organs, while other humans have had their normal organs removed or radically altered, the description of "male" or "female" is not ALWAYS perfect, is it.

But in GENERAL, we can assign humans either a "male" or a "female" characterization. Yes, it's true too, Leftists can make the distinction difficult to assign, and they do this on purpose.

So too, you are generally either a conservative or a liberal.

Middle of the roaders have to take a stand, don't they.
Obama or McCain. Choose only one. Any other selection is utterly wasted.

Why Leftists are so terribly offended by being called "Leftists" when they absolutely delight in calling conservatives "fascists" and "Nazis" and "racists" and "stupid" is just part of the ubiquitous dishonesty, the pervasive hypocrisy of the Left.

My goodness, what a lot of words! What do any of them have to do with what I was asking about "leftist" being a synonym for "secular"?
 
That'll come as a shock to our conservative government. And the Queen.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom