DC
Banned
- Joined
- Mar 20, 2008
- Messages
- 23,064
And conversely, I don't look forward to visiting Europe, since I know most Europeans are like you.
yup Europe is a monolithic entity, never go there, thats like going on vacation on a Borg-cube.
And conversely, I don't look forward to visiting Europe, since I know most Europeans are like you.
How likely is it that they just randomly grabbed someone off the street and tortured a confession out of him?
And conversely, I don't look forward to visiting Europe, since I know most Europeans are like you.
The simple expedient of not wearing a uniform or observing any of the rules of war while carrying out their brutish treacheries should not make priveledged characters of them.
Toontown ... allow me to introduce the left at JREF and all the illogic and nonsense they spout on a daily basis. And just so you know, they outnumber us, so you'd better have a thick skin and lots of patience.![]()
And conversely, I don't look forward to visiting Europe, since I know most Europeans are like you.
Exactly.I like how this is all Obama's fault for trying them in a court under the US rule of law, and not Bush's fault for, y'know, torturing him via extrajudicial means.
And again, your response is not even close to answering the question I actually asked.
I did not ask whether the defendant is granted constitutional rights. I asked if you really believe the defendant has done anything to earn or deserve said rights.
I did so in response to you asking me if I really believe some other off the wall nonsense you made up.
As soon as you people decide to read and respond to what I actually say, without twisting it around and asking if I'm saying something I did not say, then maybe we can talk. But as long as you keep playing these little word-twisting games, this is all that's going to happen.
How likely is it that they just randomly grabbed someone off the street and tortured a confession out of him?
Question: is testimony obtained through torture admissable in a miliatry court? (I really don't know -- but if it is, that should be changed).
I don't think it should make a difference where torture is involved.
And all this, because an approved, briefed, and quietly accepted interrogation technique was suddenly, belatedly declared to be torture by the formerly quiet Democrat leaders,
And all this, because an approved, briefed, and quietly accepted interrogation technique was suddenly, belatedly declared to be torture by the formerly quiet Democrat leaders, when and only when the destructive political value of doing so was recognised.
Which technique? Can you spell out the specifics? At least then we can stop talking about "harsh interrogation" vs "torture" since we can just reference what they did. So since you mentioned a singular technique it'd be easy for you to say which one you mean.
You're right. It's not hard. This is the information age. It's getting harder and harder for politikers to lie, cover their tracks, and foist the blame off on others.
Poor politikers. Entire careers, entire ideologies, built on huge, putrid piles of lies. What will they do when it gets to the point where they can't get away with lying anymore?
Actually, Top Democrats were briefed on the entire range of harsh interrogation techniques, not just waterboarding. All but one approved.
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/de...boarding_in_2002_didnt_have_any_problems_wit/
Waterboarding In 2002, Didn’t Have Any Problems With It Then
Ken McCracken • December 11, 2007
Which means that all this soaring hyperbole about our gross human rights violations, and all the absurd comparisons of Guantanamo Bay to Soviet-era gulags, is just a bunch of grandstanding from politicians who don’t have the courage to stand up in public for the policies they approve of in private.
In September 2002, four members of Congress met in secret for a first look at a unique CIA program designed to wring vital information from reticent terrorism suspects in U.S. custody. For more than an hour, the bipartisan group, which included current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), was given a virtual tour of the CIA’s overseas detention sites and the harsh techniques interrogators had devised to try to make their prisoners talk.
Among the techniques described, said two officials present, was waterboarding, a practice that years later would be condemned as torture by Democrats and some Republicans on Capitol Hill. But on that day, no objections were raised. Instead, at least two lawmakers in the room asked the CIA to push harder, two U.S. officials said.
“The briefer was specifically asked if the methods were tough enough,” said a U.S. official who witnessed the exchange. . . .
With one known exception, no formal objections were raised by the lawmakers briefed about the harsh methods during the two years in which waterboarding was employed, from 2002 to 2003, said Democrats and Republicans with direct knowledge of the matter. The lawmakers who held oversight roles during the period included Pelosi and Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.) and Sens. Bob Graham (D-Fla.) and John D. Rockefeller IV (D-W.Va.), as well as Rep. Porter J. Goss (R-Fla.) and Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan).
Individual lawmakers’ recollections of the early briefings varied dramatically, but officials present during the meetings described the reaction as mostly quiet acquiescence, if not outright support. “Among those being briefed, there was a pretty full understanding of what the CIA was doing,” said Goss, who chaired the House intelligence committee from 1997 to 2004 and then served as CIA director from 2004 to 2006. “And the reaction in the room was not just approval, but encouragement.”
Not just approval, but encouragement.
Which means that all the Democrats have done to undermine the Bush administration’s anti-terrorism efforts has been motivated not by actual concern over human rights but rather out of cynical partisan maneuvering.
So your position is that since Democratic leaders didn't object, I can't either? And your second contention is that waterboarding is NOT torture? Just trying to see what kind of mind I'm dealing with.
I don't give a rat what you object to, and I don't give a rat what you're trying to do. And you don't need to explain what you're trying to do. I can see what you're trying to do. I have eyes, you know.
You asked a question. I answered it. Now you're trying to twist the answer around in an apparent attempt to manufacture something you can use.
And by asking a follow up question I'm "twisting your answer to use against you"?
Well, your original answers are kooky enough, but yeah, I was hoping to delve deeper. No loss though, since you've asked to be left alone, I'll oblige.
And again, your response is not even close to answering the question I actually asked. I did not ask whether the defendant is granted constitutional rights. I asked if you really believe the defendant has done anything to earn or deserve said rights.
You're right. It's not hard. This is the information age. It's getting harder and harder for politikers to lie, cover their tracks, and foist the blame off on others.
Poor politikers. Entire careers, entire ideologies, built on huge, putrid piles of lies. What will they do when it gets to the point where they can't get away with lying anymore?
Actually, Top Democrats were briefed on the entire range of harsh interrogation techniques, not just waterboarding. All but one approved.
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/de...boarding_in_2002_didnt_have_any_problems_wit/
We interupt this rant to bring you the following educational message.
We all have rights, we don't have to earn them or deserve them - the person you admire the most and the defendent you hate the most have the same rights. The Constitution lists them, but does not grant them. What a concept.
Now back to your ill considered gas-baggery.