• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

All Communists are dead-beats

as I have never stated my understand of Communism, your statement is pure doo-doo.

Ahem . . . well, then . . . ummm . . . how do you know your, uh, friends are are communists?

Nice non sequitur there.

Originally, I thought it was this too, but then I decided it was a strawman. It was seemingly unrelated, but offered a counter argument in an attempt to defeat the coming arguments. But now I'm simply not certain what this is called. It's clearly a logical fallacy, I'm just not certain what the exact name for it is.
 
Originally, I thought it was this too, but then I decided it was a strawman. It was seemingly unrelated, but offered a counter argument in an attempt to defeat the coming arguments. But now I'm simply not certain what this is called. It's clearly a logical fallacy, I'm just not certain what the exact name for it is.
Let's just call it a parkyism.
 
Let's just call it a parkyism.

That's fair, and apt. :D

Although I would like to know if there's an actual term for this. It's like a strawman, but that takes the current argument, changes it so that it's easily defeated and then defeats it. This doesn't look at the argument at all, just offers a new argument suggesting that if you can't defeat it, then anything else you say isn't valid.
 
as I have never stated my understand of Communism, your statement is pure doo-doo.


You've never committed yourself to a definition of what you believe to be communism. This is true, if somewhat cowardly.

You have made some fairly blatant statements demonstrating your evident mis-understanding of communism, beginning with the OP itself. So until you rectify that situation by stating unequivocally what your "understand" actually is we have to work with the evidence we've got.
 
You've never committed yourself to a definition of what you believe to be communism. This is true, if somewhat cowardly.

I shall post my understandings of Communism and Socialism in this thread, at a time and manner of my choosing.

:)
 
one of them is quite well know amoung the leftist community in NY.

So now your sample is reduced to one?

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply say, "My friend Bob, who is also a communist, is such a bum! Anyone else have friends who are bums?"
 
While you're there, find all the lazy communists!

In the Workers' Paradise of China? I might as well try to find a "core"-Lumbriculid in New Zealand (1)!!

perhaps the title of the thread should have been, "All the Communists I know are deadbeats".

Or even more accurately: "Some deadbeats I know happen to call themselves communists". Or perhaps: "How to display ignorance. Lesson #1: Using terms you are not familiar with".

A better thread for you to start could be: "Could someone please teach me what communism is?"

one of them is quite well know amoung the leftist community in NY.

This carries no weight, as American "leftists" seem to range from mildly liberal conservatives all the way to hardcore Maoists, and still manage to include a fair share of syndicalists, anarchists, communists, socialists, and plain morons. He could be to the right of the conservative party in my country and still be called a "leftist" in the US for all I know.

---
(1) Zoologist humour; apart from occasional reports of recent introductions of Lumbriculus variegatus, there are no Lumbriculids on the Southern Hemisphere. Most of the 120+ species are either in Lake Baikal or in the Rocky Mountains. The States of Washington, Oregon and California are, if I recall correctly, home to approximately 40% of the species!
 
It's very simple. Communists look like this guy.

2n9mck.jpg


I thought everyone knew that.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom