• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

All Communists are dead-beats

prove it.

you don't even know my name.

Parky76. I know it's you, everyone who was here before your name change knows it, and you get called it often enough.

As for proving you know nothing of Communism, why don't you give me a little breakdown on what Communism is and what communist theory states, hmm?

From what you've said in this thread about it you seem to be totally clueless but I'll give you a chance.
 
Really? I saw it mentioned somewhere as being propaganda and then when I googled it to find pictures I found that website. I assumed the 2000 thing was for the site, not the comic. My bad.

Yeah, it's a very cute piece, but not propaganda. It was drawn by a young Ukrainian artist in his free time. His current work is much better btw. Promising talent. http://lipatov.deviantart.com/gallery
 
Using the USSR as an example of the failures of communism = silly.

what if you add in the failures of China, North Korea, and Cuba?


So, Parky. Are you going to enlighten us with your comprehensive definition of "communism" which includes all of those countries, but excludes other examples which might seem similar but lack the label?

While you're at it, how about explaining the common thread of "failure", and explain why your definition of "communism" accounts for it being the sole cause.
 
what if you add in the failures of China, North Korea, and Cuba?

I don't know what will happen, but I know how we can find out: by doing a simple test.

For each country on your list, answer this simple question:

Does this country have a government?

If the answer is, "Yes", then it remains silly. If the answer is, "No" then it becomes more interesting, but we'll cross that bridge once you have answered this first question for all your three countries.
 
are you suggesting that North Korea is NOT an example of the failures of Communism?

:p

I am suggesting that you answer the simple question "Does North Korea have a government?" and then we take it from there. If you don't know the answer, may I suggest a visit to your local library or bookstore?
 
Please explain how North Korea applies Marxist theory.
Oh yeah, well explain how they don't! :p

What I like about this thread is its surreal nature. It started off with a blatant misconception and generalization of Communists (not necessarily communism), and has now moved onto the failures of various governments who may or may not have been founded under Marx and Engel's philosophy.

Some threads, when they hit rock bottom, stop digging. This one has broken out high explosives.
 
are you suggesting that North Korea is NOT an example of the failures of Communism?

:p


I for one am certainly willing to agree that it is a failure of something. Whether or not that thing is "communism" remains to be seen. We still don't know if you're talking about aardvarks or quahogs.

What is your personal definition of "communism". Don't worry about being succinct. Use as many words as you like.
 
Some threads, when they hit rock bottom, stop digging. This one has broken out high explosives.

Sometimes a thread starts out so far down that it's easier to keep digging and hope you'll eventually get out in China than it is to try to fashion a ladder and get back home.
 
Oh yeah, well explain how they don't! :p

What I like about this thread is its surreal nature. It started off with a blatant misconception and generalization of Communists (not necessarily communism), and has now moved onto the failures of various governments who may or may not have been founded under Marx and Engel's philosophy.

Some threads, when they hit rock bottom, stop digging. This one has broken out high explosives.
It's a Parky thread. What did you expect?
 
I know this guy who's a friend of a friend. He's an OK guy I guess, but sometimes he says some pretty outlandish stuff.

In any case, I was talking about socialism with my buddy, and next guy is standing there and I guess he had just seen "Enemy at the Gates". There's that opening scene, where they give every second Soviet soldier a rifle and tell the other guy 'when he gets shot, pick up his rifle and keep running towards the Germans!'

That was his explanation of Communism; literally "Communism is where you give a rifle to every second soldier."

In all seriousness.
 
Sometimes a thread starts out so far down that it's easier to keep digging and hope you'll eventually get out in China than it is to try to fashion a ladder and get back home.

While you're there, find all the lazy communists!

It's a Parky thread. What did you expect?

Dunno, never been in one before (to my knowledge). So far, it's been utterly Burton-esque.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom