• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Windows 7 users, what is your "Windows Experience Index Base Score"?

Have you checked to make sure the tool is not running?

I haven't definitively checked, and right now I'm miles away from that computer so I won't be checking anytime soon. I can't imagine why another instance of the tool would have been running, though. And if there was another instance running, shouldn't it have told me immediately rather than wait slog through the evaluation for a few minutes?

<shrug> I can live without knowing the score for my desktop.
 
I haven't definitively checked, and right now I'm miles away from that computer so I won't be checking anytime soon. I can't imagine why another instance of the tool would have been running, though. And if there was another instance running, shouldn't it have told me immediately rather than wait slog through the evaluation for a few minutes?

<shrug> I can live without knowing the score for my desktop.

he he, yeah I wondered the same thing. And if the hd is near full capacity you'd probably notice.

I don't have access to my only windows 7 machine now, but recall getting a low score on graphics even though it ran Far Cry okay.
 
Curious. For calculations per second, my notebook with Intel Core2 Duo 2.4GHz gets a score of 6.0. Whereas my desktop with Intel Core2 Quad 2.67GHz scores 5.2.
 
5.9 is my lowest, because of the hard disk as well. It's a contemporary 7200rpm SATA-300 drive. The scores apparently aren't particularly linear. The integer portion a major performance milestone, and the decimal minor ones. So, I would guess that in terms of actual throughput, there's probably a lot of variation for systems that all get 5.9.

I get 5.8 on the 5400RPM disk in my $600 dell 1464 laptop. (4.5 overall)

I'm very happy with the machine. I'm not a gamer.
 
Processor - > 6
RAM - > 6
Desktop graphics - > 6
Gaming graphics - > 6
HDD - 5.9
Penis - > 6

Same. I'm not using it atm, so I can't tell, but it's dragged down by the HD score. It's all meaningless drivel, anyway.
 
http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/ff_wei.asp
In Microsoft's bizarre rating system, components can achieve a score of between 1.0 and 7.9. In Windows Vista, this range extended only to 5.9, but Microsoft says it has increased the range due to the evolution of hardware capabilities in the time since Windows Vista was released.

Has MS been taken over by smilin' Bob? I mean, they named it microsoft for a reason.
 
6 month old gaming machine assembled with my own grubby hands

Processor - 7.5 (i7 960)
RAM - 7.5
Graphics - 7.8 (ATI HD5870)
Gaming Graphics - 7.8
Primary Hard disk - 5.9 (SSD but a low end one)
 
Mine is 3.8 because of the graphics card. My original card blew up (the capacitors were actually split open at the top) and I bought the cheapest acceptable replacement possible: nVidia 210. My idea of online gaming is a UO freeserver, so who cares?
 
CPU = 7.7 (Phenom2 965BE @ 3.8GHz)
RAM = 6.9 (4GB DDR3/1333)
Gaming Graphics = 7.2 (2x HD 4870 1GB in CFX)
Graphics = 7.5
Disk = 6.5 (2x 7200rpm SATA in RAID0)

Overall = 6.5
 
CPU = 6.2 Athlon 7750
RAM = 7.1 (4GB DDR2 PC3200)
Graphics = 6.8 (nvidia 9800GT / 512MB)
Gaming = 6.8
HD = 7.5 (WD 1TB Caviar Black)

Overall = 6.2

ETA: In comparison to others who posted their specs, I am surprised at my RAM score, and my HD score to a lesser extent. Regardless, I'm quite satisfied with the machine's performance. Only gripe I have is that I can't ever seem to have enough storage. I've got just over 3TB at the moment (spread out over three different boxen, however), and I need more.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom