rustypouch
Philosopher
- Joined
- Mar 1, 2003
- Messages
- 6,745
This is something that I don't know the answer to, and maybe those who are smarter in things political could help me with.
Why are US politics so far to the right when compared to other westernized countries?
Many people denounce Obama as some sort of ultra-liberal. Compared to Canadian politics, which I know best, he is moderately right wing. He is not as far right as our Conservative Party, but he is slightly right of the Liberal party, which as been drifting slightly right. Then there are two Canadian parties (three if you count the Greens) who are farther left.
I don't understand the difference in viewpoints.
Why is Obama considered extreme left by so many in the States, when in other countries he would be centrist, at most?
Why are US politics so far to the right when compared to other westernized countries?
Many people denounce Obama as some sort of ultra-liberal. Compared to Canadian politics, which I know best, he is moderately right wing. He is not as far right as our Conservative Party, but he is slightly right of the Liberal party, which as been drifting slightly right. Then there are two Canadian parties (three if you count the Greens) who are farther left.
I don't understand the difference in viewpoints.
Why is Obama considered extreme left by so many in the States, when in other countries he would be centrist, at most?
[/capitalist mode]