Your post is wide of the mark and reflects an elementary misunderstanding of the way information is treated.
You are putting the matter in the context of "belief". I am not naive. I know that most people "believe" they "believe" jetliners crashed into the WTC on 9/11, even if they were standing there when it happened and didn't see a plane, hear a plane or think a plane was present.
My best witness, Asst. Commn. Stephen Gregory probably "believes" he had better "believe" that jetliners hit. David Handschuh has, in fact, stated that he "believes" it happened even though he was standing there, took the picture (of an explosion) and encountered no debris, from right underneath, practically speaking.
The issue is not what the person believes because what a person believes is her business.
How many times have you seen the following sentence in my posts:
You can continue to believe jetliners hit the Twin Towers for as long as you can.
I do not dispute what people believe. I assess what information they have if they are witnesses.
There exists enormous social pressure, in the way of conditioning, as well as in the way of our own xenophobic need for certain kinds of "enemies," to adhere to the common storyline, imho.
Put it this way: What will happen if a large number of people do start re-assessing what they believe they believe about 9/11? What happens then?
In simple terms, and once again speaking for me, my speculation is that such re-assessment might create uncertainty, confusion and, perhaps, fear and loathing.
I think, speaking for me again, that people will continue to believe jetliners were involved on 9/11 for, you guessed it, as long as they can. The recognition that refusal to confront the truth of the matter will lead to other and further such attacks against us is probably the best inducement to re-assessment, imho.
Get it?