Jekyll's Guest
Master Poster
- Joined
- May 29, 2010
- Messages
- 2,207
No serious historian doubts that the bible was composed in Israel, and that there were Jewish kingdoms there. Since this was Skeptic's point, your reply above does not refute him. Instead you just evade the issue.
Ok then: Our holy text was written by Jews living in that area thousands of years ago is still a huge jump to "this is the land of our people."
Everyone is from somewhere originally.
"We're here now, uprooting my nation is utterly insane" I 100% agree with. The land is not hers to give or take. Territory has to be taken or it's keepsies.
"God says this is ours" = nonsense. And 'the bible says we came from here' is meaningless unless it's an off hand way of saying 'God gave it to us.'
I won't be demanding Ireland, Spain or Africa give me the keys and turn out the light on the way out.
Jews took land for themselves and held it, that's all I respect or need to, and anything else is unnecessary fairy tales.