• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say unarmed after you've seen so many videos of the activists armed with metal bars, stun grenades, wooden sticks, knives, etc?

a Turkish American was shot in the head 3 times and in the chest once.

there is no evidence yet that he was armed.
 
Two objective account of the whole debacle from Australian journalist Paul McGeough:

Suddenly, sound bombs and tear gas exploded

In their wake

Details of the scuffle are a lot more nuances than some video footage suggests, yes commando's were attacked, but at the same time other activists tried to protect them from attack. Well worth the read.

I did indeed find them interesting.

I do wish Israel would release all the video footage, unedited, onto the net...(not that I want to see people getting shot, but you know what I mean)
 
Last edited:
yes, when will Israel release the UN-EDITED, ORIGINAL, UN-CENSORED, UNALTERED, video footage?

what do they have to hide?
 
Then ask the people who are claiming it. I mentioned mercenaries. You asked for evidence of that. I think there is more than ample evidence that they were mercenaries, based on the links in this thread. I don't think it matters for purposes of this discussion who provided the money to hire them.

A claim was made that "They had agreed not to use violent methods of resistance prior to setting of for Gaza" by Kotatsu. Maybe you should be asking for evidence of that claim.

it would not really matter who hired them, if it was established that they were hired, a claim nobody has put any evidence forward to it.
 
I did indeed find them interesting.

I do wish Israel would release all the video footage, unedited, onto the net...(not that I want to see people getting shot, but you know what I mean)

No, I don't know what you mean. You want to see the video of people being shot, without seeing people being shot? How do you think the victims' families might feel about this? Anyway, I'm sure that whatever video does exist is similar to what we've seen in quality, and probably won't shed much further light on things.
 
So I guess this whole course of events means that leftists are literally "fellow travelers" with Islamists and "in the same boat".
 
yes, when will Israel release the UN-EDITED, ORIGINAL, UN-CENSORED, UNALTERED, video footage?
When will the people on the boat release their UN-EDITED, ORIGINAL, UN-CENSORED, UNALTERED, video footage?

What do they have to hide?

So I guess this whole course of events means that leftists are literally "fellow travelers" with Islamists and "in the same boat".
Nominated for pith.
 
When will the people on the boat release their UN-EDITED, ORIGINAL, UN-CENSORED, UNALTERED, video footage?

What do they have to hide?

Nominated for pith.

when the IDF gives back the confiscated videos?
 
it would not really matter who hired them, if it was established that they were hired, a claim nobody has put any evidence forward to it.

You really believe that there is no evidence that there were mercenaries on board? Mercenaries, by definition, are hired.
 
So I guess this whole course of events means that leftists are literally "fellow travelers" with Islamists and "in the same boat".

isn't that something you "knew" already before this event? :rolleyes:
 
You really believe that there is no evidence that there were mercenaries on board? Mercenaries, by definition, are hired.

well then provide evidence for them being mercenaries and i am convinced.
and dont just provide a link with further claims and then claim i ignore evidence when there is no such evidence in the link you provide.
 
You should read some of the links before responding.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Government/Communiques/2010/Israel_Navy_warns_flotilla_31-May-2010.htm
"In a special meeting of the Israeli Security Cabinet on Tuesday (June 1), it was disclosed that approximately 40 people on the upper deck of the ship with no identification wearing bullet proof vests and using weapons against the IDF soldiers are considered to be mercenaries of the al-Qaeda terror organization. During this special meeting it became clear that while the civillian protestors were sent to the lower deck of the ship, this group of mercenaries split into organized cells in order to combat the IDF soldiers. The cabinet places full responsibility for the incident on those who started the violence which clearly placed the soldiers' lives in danger."

So Israel is claiming that not only were there mercenaries on board, but they were mercenaries working for Al-Qaeda?

Mercenaries that, despite being supposedly "split into organized cells in order to combat the IDF soldiers" didn't manage to shoot a single one of them?

And not one of y'all is thinking, "gee, that sounds like it might not be 100% accurate?" :boggled:


My money says that the "mercenaries" claim probably started as a speculation by a soldier that got blown out of proportion. Once things calm down and the details get sorted out, I think this will likely be discounted.
 
well then provide evidence for them being mercenaries and i am convinced.
and dont just provide a link with further claims and then claim i ignore evidence when there is no such evidence in the link you provide.

again

What evidence would you accept? Large denominations of money in their pockets?
 
Will someone PLEASE explain to me how Iran or Hezbollah could smuggle weapons and missiles to Gaza, through Israeli territory?

This whole embargo is a **** ing joke, even without the banning of chocolate, ginger, and vinegar.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom