• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I see the problem, you're reading the posts that exist solely in your head while I'm reading the ones that exist in this thread. Since I don't access to your inner thoughts, I'm afraid further discussion will be impossible until you change your behavior.

I referred to reporters having the equipment taken, you then go off on a tangent I couldn't follow.
 
No, the group that protested on roadsides existed outside of MySpace. MySpace was merely a way to keep in contact with people interested in coming to events.

I've been clear about my position in the past, but here it is again:

I believe it is a recipe for disaster to create a state that is explicitly representative of a single ethnic group/religion on a piece of land that is home to many different ethnicities and religions.

I also believe that the expansion of the settlements as well as the ineptitude, corruption, and other deficiencies of the Palestinian leadership has made a two-state solution impractical (if it was ever really possible in the first place).

Therefore, I think the only long-term solution to the conflict is a secular, democratic state that represents no specific ethnicity or religion. Call this state Israel, call it Palestine, call it Israel-Palestine, call it Canaan, call it the People's Democratic Republic of Snickerbottoms. I don't care.
Fair enough Cleon, but I don't think it's very realistic. The only governments that have kept that area unified for any length of time did so by sheer brutality.
 
I can only imagine how shockin is to you to be reading it applecorped. And it's just a small echo of the majority of people in the world. Pick a country besides the U,S. All of them are condemning veehemently this atrocity. Of course being fed by propaganda makes you see a gigantic non-issue about this. Only U.S, i mean...AIPAC had the guts to vote against the international investigation resolution of the UN.
 
Yes you have a link to an eyewitness statement from a member of the pro-Hamas propaganda fleet. I have a video showing those people attacking soldiers as they boarded the vessel.

I win.

Please feel free to continue ignoring the request to show enemy propagandists being allowed to keep their materials in previous blockade interceptions.


the last time this was tried olmert just let it happen....ship docked in gaza....did the sky fall?


but this is bibi and the rest of the racist right he needs to keep him in power....not olmert.....so stupidity and beligerant stubbornness is more of a factor.

mate, what israel has done with this fleet is a new definition for stupidity, it sometimes amazes me how far people will go to defend stupid actions when they seem to believe they have a duty to do so..
 
Last edited:
Fair enough Cleon, but I don't think it's very realistic.

Ya think?

Is anyone serious when they think a secular democratic state that governs two of the most belligerent nations in the world, can survive even a day, in a region that is considered sacred and of great religious importance for both of them? These two peoples' only shared characteristic is a history of war and constant mutual aggression, the only thing they've achieved in 60 years is more hatred and resentment they had to begin with. Do people actually expect them to live under the same secular government peacefully?

They won't last the first election.

The one state solution is patently ridiculous.
 
Last edited:
I referred to reporters having the equipment taken

Yes, and then I referred to how laughable it was to assert Israel had something to hide because it didn't allow pro-Hamas blockade running propagandists to film the interception. You then tried to strawman my statement into referring to reporters in general. You then claimed ignorance when I called you on not responding to my actual posts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians
An al-Jazeera journalist delivering a report before Israel cut communications said Israel fired at the vessel before boarding it. In one web posting, a Turkish television reporter on the boat cried out, "These savages are killing people here, please help" — a broadcast that ended with a voice shouting in Hebrew, "Everybody shut up!"
Oh yeah, I can just see letting that go on. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
mate, what israel has done with this fleet is a new definition for stupidity, it sometimes amazes me how far people will go to defend stupid actions when they seem to believe they have a duty to do so..

You seemed to be doing a good job defending the stupid action of letting Libya's integrate the UN's HRC.
 
mate, what israel has done with this fleet is a new definition for stupidity, it sometimes amazes me how far people will go to defend stupid actions when they seem to believe they have a duty to do so..

Stupid actions like sailing a flotilla of ships into a blockade, knowing they'd be intercepted, and then attacking the soldiers who do so?

Yeah, it is pretty amazing how far people will go to defend stupid actions like that.
 
To all those who think Israeli troops went in shooting even before being confronted by the activists:

Do you really think that the troops boarding that ship had such different orders than th troops boarding the other ships?
What possible strategic objective could that have?
And what would those instructions have been? Squeeze off a couple of shots, then go in with paintball guns?
Do you really think that elite troops go in firing live ammunition and then get beaten up by a guy with a pipe?

Really?

Can we at least put this idiotic claim to rest?
Haven't finished reading this thread yet, but I predict that no, they will not give it a rest. :p
 
Yes, they had deadly plastic chairs and wooden sticks.
In my hands, friend, a simple wooden stick is a deadly weapon. Look up what the city of Louisville in America makes. A nice wooden stick. Deadly weapon in even marginally competent hands.

Try another tack, you aren't impressing anyone with this line.

DR
 
Indeed, and the American population should have rebelled against George W. Bush, otherwise terrorists who attack us for our involvement in the Middle East are totally in the right!

Fourth Geneva Convention- read it. No collective punishment.
The propaganda war by re-definition continues...
 
Do you really think that the troops boarding that ship had such different orders than th troops boarding the other ships?
What possible strategic objective could that have?
And what would those instructions have been? Squeeze off a couple of shots, then go in with paintball guns?
Do you really think that elite troops go in firing live ammunition and then get beaten up by a guy with a pipe?

Sorry bud, but I think I'll wait till AFTER there is a multi-party investigation into the whole mess, before I make a decision.
 
yes sorry, i meant Submarines armed with nukes.......

Your turn to support your spurious claim.

Demonstrate proof that Israel arms their diesel subs, routinely, with nuclear weapons.

I am dying to know.

DR
 
The activists successfully detained soldiers. They didn't murder them.

Is that what you call what they did? They "detained" soldiers? :rolleyes:

And by the way, if groups of *activists* were hitting soldiers repeatedly with metal and wooden clubs swung in the viscious manner clearly seen in the videos, they were indeed trying to do grave bodily harm to those soldiers. Those were potentially lethal blows. Here's the description by the second soldier to come down the rope:

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Government/Communiques/2010/Israel_Navy_warns_flotilla_31-May-2010.htm

"I came down second and as I did, they shot at me. Seven or eight fighters jumped on me and began to beat me with a bar. I was hit on the head and neck. Another man attacked me with a knife. I lost consciousness for 45 minutes and when I came to it was already light."

And another description:

Another soldier said that as soon as he descended, he was set upon and thrown to a lower deck. He received a severe skull fracture as a result.

Does that sound like the result of "activists" with only *peaceful* intention? In fact, just stop calling them activists. Call them what they were. THUGS, who planned to incite exactly this sort of incident. Any blood that was shed is ENTIRELY on their hands.
 
Is anyone serious when they think a secular democratic state that governs two of the most belligerent nations in the world,

The West Bank and Gaza are now seperate, sovereign, independent states?

I'm sorry.....but when did this happen?
 
Poor jewish people (no sarcasm), under this nazi-like regime of bibi and his gang. It doesnt help their case against being targeted by racial profiling, which I am very aware of and not part of it, but millions and millions around the world tend to become anti-semite because of the irresponsibility and criminal policies of this government.

be aware, that many Jews in the USA and Europe, are very much against this illegal blockade, and against this attack upon the aid flotilla.

Israel represents the worst amoung our people. But it does NOT represent our people.
 
Uh? I said nation.

Originally Posted by Pardalis
Is anyone serious when they think a secular democratic state that governs two of the most belligerent nations in the world,

actually, no...you did not.
please learn to read your own posts more carefully.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom