a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
Alright, having read the entire thread, most topics have been covered reasonably well with people advocating both sides.
However, one topic I haven't seen is the fact that, regardless of how legal or how right the blockade is, Israel had to stop those ships due to politics.
The blockade is a line that Israel drew in the sand, and has put considerable weight behind. If they backed down on this simply because the ships were carrying international humanitarian aid supplies, Israel's words would have lost considerable weight which is a huge deal in the talks in the peace process that is still struggling along.
A quote I saw on another forum sums up what I'm trying to say:
A nation does not survive by setting an example, a nation survives by making examples of others.
An example of who? People who are stateless on their own land, because it is Israel who says so, and says so illegally.