• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Israel engaging in collective punishment" = "Israel fighting back". That's what this really means, and that's what the real reason for the anger is.

To be fair to the far left there probably really is a contingent that simply wants war to be illegal. :)
 
"Israel engaging in collective punishment" = "Israel fighting back". That's what this really means, and that's what the real reason for the anger is.

translation?

bringing 10,000 pounds of food and supplies to 1.5 million people who are suffering under an illegal blockade= terrorism.

how is keeping food, toys, and blankets "fighting back"?

only a deranged mind believes such garbage.
 
I have no objections to people considering Israel to be a nasty bastard of a nation--all nations are, otherwise they don't last very long--but what galls me is the suggestion they are ineffective. Are people really so lacking in imagination that they can't see the real possibilities? If I can think of effective, but evil solutions, then so can any given nation. They choose not to. They hold back. While being accused of being evil they are actually being nice.

I completely side this, off the top of my head the only non-nasty nation I can think of is Costa Rica but give me some time and I'm sure I can dig up some dirt on them.

Israel's been good at this game since it's exception, history has shown us that they're a nation that doesn't screw around. They get the job done and they get it done right.

it took me more time than I care to admit to wade through the mountains of "Israel is evil" propaganda out there on the 'net. I came i to this issue during cast lead, before that, I pretty much ignored the whole situation ( well, I did read The Haj, by Leon Uris and The Source, by James Michener in the 1990s ) but, hey, they were novels.

I was motivated by wanting to see the oppressed become the oppressor just to confirm the idea and I was sorely disappointed that I couldn't use Israel as an example of this.
 
Except the thing is, I already know them. Personally. You do not.

So I have no interest in playing your little games.

The thing o remember about Skeptic is that he is a self confessed Zionist. As such he seems to believe in the Zionist 'position' that Palestinians should be removed from their homeland.

He is also a member of the IDF. That helps explain his defence of the indefensible and his celebration of the latest Israeli government massacre.

I think he feels that a massacre a day is normal behaviour for the 'government' of Israel and that anyone who suggests that it isn't is, by definition, an anti-semite.

Sounds pretty normal for Norfolk to me.
 
Except the thing is, I already know them.

Or think you do.

Personally. You do not

I might; I have been a witness to quite a few "death-to-Israel" rallies organized by "Palestine Solidarity movements" or similar organizations. Perhaps your organization participated?
 
While the people aboard the Turkish ship acted like award-winning morons in attacking the Israeli soldiers, this does in no way excuse the fact that these same Israeli soldiers then proceeded to kill people. To my mind, any killing of man by man is detestable, regardless of the situation. This extends to the senseless and moronic killing of innocent Israeli by their neighbours as well.

That's up to the investigations to decide. A few videos on Youtube don't tell much of what happened.

It may or may not, therefore, surprise you that had the roles been reversed, and the activists on the ship had managed to kill X Israeli soldiers and driven the rest away, I would have been equally outraged about these deaths.
But unfortunately, you wouldn't have been able to attend massive protests about it, because such protests don't exist.

I would also like to reiterate that the protest meeting I was at had 16 speakers. As far as I can remember, these were:
- The Communistic Party
- The Green Party
- The Socialist Party
- The Social Democratic Party
- The Left party
- Amnesty International
- Ship to Gaza
- The Swedish-Turkish Society
- The Palestine Group
- The Union of Swedish Muslims (1)
- The Conservative Party
- The Centre Party (neoliberal)
- The People's Party (liberal)
- The Church of Sweden
- Emmaus (a religious charity organisation)
- and one more that I can't remember at the moment.
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm just amazed at how extremely fast these groups can be channelled, organized on short notice and sprung into action whenever Israel is to blame.
 
Or think you do.

Riiiight. You're much more likely to know them than I am. And I'm sure that anything you find about these folks will be 100% objective and honest, without any spin or lying whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Give it up, I'm not going to play. Run along and try your bullcrap on someone who doesn't know any better.
 
It may or may not, therefore, surprise you that had the roles been reversed, and the activists on the ship had managed to kill X Israeli soldiers and driven the rest away, I would have been equally outraged about these deaths.

Well, did you demonstrate when a Palestinian mob massacred reservist soldiers in Ramallah? No? Didn't think so.

I can give a few other examples when just what you said -- Palestinian mob killing soldiers (or civilians) -- occurred.

I'm willing to bet very good money you didn't demonstrate in any of those cases, either.
 
I have to say, it was kinda funny to see those dumb-ass soldiers lowering into a mob of activists ready to pounce on them with sticks and clubs.

Talk about begging for a beat-down. A well deserved beat-down.
 
Riiiight. You're much more likely to know them than I am.

My experience with "Palestine Solidarity Movements" is rather extensive. They are, at least all such "activists" groups I've met, which are many, very much pro-Israel's destruction, behind a thin veneer of pseudo-"caring" for Palestinians, which evaporates completely the moment their suffering cannot be blamed on the Jews.

Surely your group is totally different -- it's those 98% of disgusting pro-genocide "Palestine Solidarity Groups" that give the other 2% the bad name -- but, if I were you, I'd double check.
 
Who the heck brought up the holocaust? Nobody until Parky did right now, that's who.

just as you did with anti imperialism for example and other strawmen.

how does your medicine taste? like it?
 
Israelis opened fire before boarding Gaza flotilla, say released activists
First eyewitness accounts of raid contradict version put out by Israeli officials


Arriving at Istanbul's Ataturk airport with her one-year-old baby, Turkish activist Nilufer Cetin said Israeli troops opened fire before boarding the Turkish-flagged ferry Mavi Marmara

She told reporters that she and her child hid in the bathroom of their cabin during the confrontation. "The operation started immediately with firing. First it was warning shots, but when the Mavi Marmara wouldn't stop these warnings turned into an attack," she said.

"There were sound and smoke bombs and later they used gas bombs. Following the bombings they started to come on board from helicopters."
 
I have to say, it was kinda funny to see those dumb-ass soldiers lowering into a mob of activists ready to pounce on them with sticks and clubs.

Talk about begging for a beat-down. A well deserved beat-down.
Someone's getting desperate, methinks:rolleyes:.

Arriving at Istanbul's Ataturk airport with her one-year-old baby, Turkish activist Nilufer Cetin said Israeli troops opened fire before boarding the Turkish-flagged ferry Mavi Marmara

She told reporters that she and her child hid in the bathroom of their cabin during the confrontation
She brought a one-year old child with her on a mission to run a naval blockade? What is this, Take Your Daughter to War day:jaw-dropp?

Safe-Keeper's law: Given enough time, every ONN broadcast will eventually come true. This isn't the first time one of the more outlandish ONN report has accidentally predicted an actual event (see the episode about the MacBook Wheel and compare it to the IPad,for example).
 
Last edited:
I have to say, it was kinda funny to see those dumb-ass soldiers lowering into a mob of activists ready to pounce on them with sticks and clubs.

Talk about begging for a beat-down. A well deserved beat-down.

This is pathetic, even for you. :mad:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom