• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the flotilla counted on there being casualties, they had all those placards and signs already painted and ready to go on the streets by monday at noon.

Lord help me, I really can't tell if you seriously believe that or not. :boggled:
 
Lord help me, I really can't tell if you seriously believe that or not. :boggled:

Just ask Kotatsu, they knew a whole week beforehand that something was going to go down, and just a tweet was enough set off the protests in motion, all organized by political parties, NGOs and such.
 
No, it's not collective punishment.

Quite.

Feel free to quote any precedence for your meaning in the context of human rights.

Same old excuses, semantics, deflections and quibbling. Read a dictionary.

When I got punished for something my brother did but would not admit it was collective punishment. I dont need to read the GC to understand English.

This is dumb even for you.
 
Just ask Kotatsu, they knew a whole week beforehand that something was going to go down, and just a tweet was enough set off the protests in motion, all organized by political parties, NGOs and such.

*facepalm* Wow. Just...Wow.

Yes, Twitter, facebook, and so on can be used to pull together demonstrations in a hurry--in fact, it takes very little to organize a demonstration quickly. You pick a time and a place, and then...Tell people about it. That's really all there is to it. And considering that text messages, twitter, facebook, and so on make telling people about it super-easy, that really takes a lot of the work out of it.

Posters? Signs? Most people make their own, and it doesn't take a long time to grab a piece of posterboard and make up a small sign. Others, such as activists who go to a lot of demonstrations, quite likely already have pre-made signs regarding the subject that can be re-used.

There's really no need to plan a "response demonstration" months in advance. The only kind of rallies that absolutely require that sort of planning are the ones where you expect thousands of participants, like the 2003-04 anti-war rallies. In those cases, you need to plan for permits, street closings, port-a-potties, first aid, and so on. But just to get some people out on (public) street corners with signs? No significant planning needed.

I can tell you for a fact that at least here in Atlanta there was no advance preparation for a demonstration, but one was called together as soon as people heard about the raid.

No, there wasn't some international conspiracy to organize a response demonstration before the fact.
 
Yes, they just say "DOWN WITH " and you fill in whatever you want at the bottom with erasable markers.
 
I can tell you for a fact that at least here in Atlanta there was no advance preparation for a demonstration, but one was called together as soon as people heard about the raid.

And what about work, don't people work on monday afternoons in Atlanta?
 
And if someone doesn't like it, just bring up the Holocaust and Zyklon B. That will shut them up lickity split.

I think this red herring is particularly disgusting and you should be ashamed.

Seriously, this is the kind of stuff you'd find on Stormfront.
 
Who the heck brought up the holocaust? Nobody until Parky did right now, that's who.
 
an illegal, immoral, and terrorist naval blockade.
You forgot imperialist and Zionist.

Also, you're dodging the fact that I answered your question. You asked how a bunch of activists can provoke a military attack. I answered that running a whole flotilla of ships carrying gods know what into of their blockades, for then to ignore orders to stop, accomplishes this nicely.
 
Last edited:
It's true that most of these signs can be re-used for any occasion.

And the rest of my post is just one big lie, right? :rolleyes:

Look, agree with my politics, don't agree with my politics, but what I'm saying is true regardless of the subject of the demonstration. It would still be true if we were talking about anti-abortion activists or pro/anti-immigrant groups.

And, what's more, I can give you two good reasons why you should believe me:

1. I've been involved in organizing such events in the past, and know what sort of effort goes into them. I know, firsthand, what can be done on super-short notice using social networking tools.
2. I'm rather well-connected with the local Palestine solidarity movement. If something was being planned ahead of time, I'd've heard about it.

In short...I'm likely the only person in this thread, regardless of their stance on Israel/Palestine, who knows what the hell he's talking about on this particular subject. You can disagree with me out of spite, but not based on the facts.
 
Last edited:
Who the heck brought up the holocaust? Nobody until Parky did right now, that's who.

oh. my bad.

I guess you can joke about bulldozers crushing people, but I can't joke about lampshades and soap.

mea culpa.

;)
 
Same old excuses, semantics, deflections and quibbling. Read a dictionary.

When I got punished for something my brother did but would not admit it was collective punishment. I dont need to read the GC to understand English.

This is dumb even for you.

By the same token, war causes hardships for civilian populations, yet war is not illegal. Therefore it's simply not logical to define everything that causes a hardship as "collective punishment."
 
but you can board a vessel on international waters and then claim self defense when they respond.....

You certainly can when you're attacked with guns and knives. You are not under the obligation to just stand there and let them beat you to death.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom