That's an interesting thought, but I wasn't really thinking that these protests were intentionally planned in advance.
I was more thinking about how quickly some people react to anything happening in that region, while other regions of the world where similar injustices happen all the time (Sudan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka to name a few) hardly anyone bothers to get out to protest. But Palestine it's almost instantaneous.
I too was clueless as to what happened until 4pm, when I got back from work. How did all these people get organized so quickly in a few hours of the raid on a work day? Maybe it has to do with the new social medias, but even with those it's awfully quick.
It was all done through the wonders of modern technology, cell phones, Twitter and the like. This is what social justice activists call taking the corporations technology and using it against them as they pat themselves on the back for bring clever.
There were "emergency protests" or should I say "EMERGENCY PROTESTS" in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver yesterday afternoon. Naomi Klein even gave a speech in Toronto and apparently condemned cultural workers, like musicians, who perform in Israel.
Boycotts, now guess those fall under our "new" definition of collective punishment.
So why do those other injustices get ignored while the IvP conflict gets all the attention?
It's an "anti-colonial" thing. Israelis are viewed as white people who forcibly colonised the land of the brown people and since, according to the doctrine of political correctness, only white people can be racist ( no, I'm not making this up, I read babbledotca, daily, I'm a masochist ) this is a prime example of "the dominant society" oppressing "the other"
The protesters might come out in solidarity with, say the Tamils and echo their demands that the Canadian government stop sending aid to the Sri Lanken government ( last summer, Toronto ) and there's a real desire to believe that groups like Al Qaeda and the Taliban are creations of the US government and "blame" for their actions should rest solely with the US.
I've also noticed a refusal to separate radical Islam form normal, everyday Islam and I can only surmise that this is done to allow the protesters to make claims like the west is at war with the Muslim world, simply because they're Muslim.
The glue that holds the radical left together is collective guilt and they use that to try and impose collective punishment on the western world and since Israel is a member of the western world, they feel free to make demands on Israel that the non western world is exempt from.
Heck, the far left is still convinced that the South Korean ship sinking was an inside job.