• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Israel Attacks Palestinian Aid Flotilla, According To Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are willingly contradicting the very legal definition you provided? Ok. Fair enough.


No. Please stop lying.


Please explain this in some detail as it seems like you aren't really being all that consistent.



So kind of like: some people from country y bomb inside country X, and country X builds a giant wall around country y and then prevents any humanitarian aid from getting in, something that everyone needs, all on the grounds that it could get into the hands of the folks that initially bombed country x.

Everyone is punished for the actions of the few. Exactly what the definition states, that you listed.
No. that is not what the definition I provided states. You took the definition I provided and then changed the meaning of the words within it to match your preconceptions.

Under your redefinition, any time any civilian suffered in any war at any time, it would be collective punishment. Now maybe you'd like the term to mean that, but since it exists as a part of what we call that laws of war, it suggests that simply having a war is not a war crime.


Once again, start making sense.
Please use terms as they are used in the context international law and human rights. Refer to wikipedia for examples of what collective punishment actually is, if you must.
 
withholding food, fuel, and other humanitarian supplies from 1.5 million people, in order to intimidate them into rebelling against Hamas or voting out Hamas, is an act of terrorism. State-sponsored terrorism.

and trying to stop this terrorism, by bringing in food and supplies, is not a criminal act.
 
It also has the aim of destroying Israel.

No, it has said for years now that it is willing to recognise Israel's right to exist within the pre-1967 borders.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/haniyeh...-palestinian-state-with-1967-borders-1.256915

Hamas is a thoroughly distatseful organisation but they don't exist in a vacuum. The more Israel oppresses the Palestinian population the more militant they have become, it is a recurring pattern throughout the history of the conflict.
 
I'm surprised at how quickly protesters took to the streets around the world, within hours of the raid.
 
withholding food, fuel, and other humanitarian supplies from 1.5 million people, in order to intimidate them into rebelling against Hamas or voting out Hamas, is an act of terrorism. State-sponsored terrorism.

and trying to stop this terrorism, by bringing in food and supplies, is not a criminal act.


Exactly.
 
No, not true.

Men from Israel come here to forum and say things about Israel. I sit quietly and ask internet if what men say about Israel is true, internet say yes, is true.

People who not like Israel also say things about Israel, I ask internet again, internet say this all hyperbole and rhetoric.

Yes you naive to Jewish goal. Your previous post indicate this. Internet is not person. Asking internet is silly.

Me no have horse in this race, but men from Israel make better argument than those who wish to see Israel gone from planet.

You believe Jews lies and help Jew goal. This good but Goy might be inferior but not stupid. We Jews fool a lot of Goy in regard to Palestinians reaction to them being persecuted and again we have success in stopping help to Palestinians by killing helpers on ship. I see mock in your post but your naivety say about you.
 
One could say the same about Israel. Its neighborhood isn't the most friendly.

and of course, Israel's actions over the last 40 years have NOTHING to do with this, right Pardalis?

I obviously cannot speak for all critics of Israel, but I know I have spoken out when the Israeli Supreme Court or some other government institution, does something RIGHT, when it comes to human rights or the territories.

I wonder why it is that NONE of the Neo-Zionists here can be man enough to admit that maybe...just maybe...Israel made a mistake in dealing with these aid ships.
 
Last edited:
One could say the same about Israel. Its neighborhood isn't the most friendly.

No, but it doesn't make it any friendlier doing things like this, or doing what it did in Lebanon in 2006, or by putting down insurrections of stone throwing youths with tanks etc etc etc
 

So wait, according to you, depriving a civilian population of supplies in order to force a change in the government devoted to your destruction is terrorism?

I just want to be absolutely sure I'm not misunderstanding you or putting words in your mouth before I respond to that.
 
No. Please stop lying.

Evidence?

No. that is not what the definition I provided states. You took the definition I provided and then changed the meaning of the words within it to match your preconceptions.

That is what your definition states.

Under your redefinition, any time any civilian suffered in any war at any time, it would be collective punishment. Now maybe you'd like the term to mean that, but since it exists as a part of what we call that laws of war, it suggests that simply having a war is not a war crime.

Thats not what I said at all. Did you read what I wrote or are suffering from your own preconceptions?

Please use terms as they are used in the context international law and human rights. Refer to wikipedia for examples of what collective punishment actually is, if you must.

I did.

""No protected person(individual palestinians) may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties(Giant Walls) and likewise all measures of intimidation(Helicopter raids on humanitarian vessels) or of terrorism are prohibited. Pillage is prohibited(6 day war). Reprisals against protected persons and their property are prohibited."
 
Since its very inception it has been attacked by its neighbors.

and through its occupation and brutalization of the Occupied Terrories, Israel has helped create a whole new and much larger generation of Arabs who hate Israel.

nice job. great self-fulfilling prophecy.
 
So wait, according to you, depriving a civilian population of supplies in order to force a change in the government devoted to your destruction is terrorism?

using an embargo to intimidate a civilian population into making a political change is indeed a form of terrorism.

if you do not like a political choice made by a civilian population, you can choose not to trade with them. but you have no right to prevent other countries from trading with them.
 

Huh? I was agreeing with you - no, it's not a very nice neighbourhood (which makes you question why it moved there in the first place really)

Since its very inception it has been attacked by its neighbors.

And from it's inception it has been oppressing it's Arab population, look up the Stern Gang. It has also done it's fair share of attacking it's neighbours, like when it launched an unprovoked attack on Egypt at France and Britains behest to wrest control of the Suez.

It certainly hasn't done much to make the neighbourhood any nicer.
 
Neo-Zionists love to tell themselves again and again, that the Arabs and Muslims will always hate them, and there is nothing Israel can ever do to appease them or make them accept Israel.

Therefore, Israel might as well just do whatever the **** it wants.

This is the Neo-Zionist mantra.
 
So wait, according to you, depriving a civilian population of supplies in order to force a change in the government devoted to your destruction is terrorism?

I just want to be absolutely sure I'm not misunderstanding you or putting words in your mouth before I respond to that.

Against the innocent Palestinians? Most definitely. That's like me locking you in a room and starving you, withholding water and toilet facilities just to get you to agree with me.

I am sorry I don't fit into your tiny box of definitions.
 
Imagine if another power had done this to an Israeli vessel. There'd be a war going by now :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom