There's something perversely counterproductive in entreating other posters to let a thread die...by posting to the selfsame thread, thereby constantly bumping it to the top of page one. Take it from someone who has tried (and failed spectacularly) to play "thread police" here before; if you object to a thread, don't post in that thread.
At all. If enough people do the same, problem solved. Constantly haranguing others to follow your directives is probably just going to annoy people who are otherwise on the same page with you. The irony that I am currently haranguing people to stop...haranguing people is not lost on me, BTW.
I am not directing the following to Jammonius, who as others have pointed out is probably either a troll or in some way mentally impaired. I direct the following to the one or two lurkers here under the age of say, 25 who read Jammonius' posts and are thinking to themselves "hmmm...
maybe he has a point".
Jammonius does not believe that jets hit the twin towers. He does not believe this because the footage of the attacks does not square with how he (apparently
instinctively*) believes such attacks would/should actually appear. He believes one of the main giveaways is that the jets didn't
instantaneously disintegrate and/or burst into flames the moment they made contact with the exterior of the towers. As triforcharity pointed out in an earlier post, the entire time span between the nose of the jet touching the the tower wall and the time we see the explosion erupting out of the opposite wall is something on the order of .3 seconds. That's
not three seconds, that is
three tenths of a second. Pretty much literally the "blink of an eye". Seems pretty "instantaneous" to me.

Those .3 seconds can
seem like an eternity when viewing a single frame of a video or a still photograph, but that is totally irrelevant to the actual time frames involved. And high speed impacts between objects can often result in counterintuitive results. For example, high pressure water being used to cut steel or flimsy pieces of straw being embedded into tree trunks by hurricane force winds.
I don't mean to get into grumpy
old middle-aged man mode on some of you, but I am guessing that there are many here (including Jammonius) who have never
personally known a time before
fairly realistic CGI effects used in TV, games and film. I am betting that at least some of your "instincts" to judge what a crashing and/or exploding plane
should look like is based less on viewing footage of actual crashes and more on viewing (often CGI) visual effects. The thing you have to understand, though is special visual effects (of crashes and explosions) are usually created to wow an audience, not to mimic the look/sound/behavior or "real life" crashes and explosions.
People aren't the greatest observers at the best of times and are even worse when observing an event that is in some way tragic, unusual or aw(e)ful and most importantly an event they are unaccustomed to witnessing. I've mentioned in other threads that I have on more than one occasion been fooled into thinking that I was witnessing planes on approach that
appeared to be hanging almost motionless in the air. It's a truly uncanny sight, I can assure you but I am left with a handful of explanations for what I was seeing in those situations:
1. The jets were (apparently secretly??) equipped with VTOL technology, allowing them to hover.
2. The jets didn't actually exist at all and were merely holograms projected into the clear blue sky.
3. I was hallucinating the entire thing.
4. The jets were alien spaceships in disguise.
5. I was witnessing real jets traveling at appropriate speeds for approach to an airport, but I was misjudging their speed based on my speed (I was in a moving car) and position relative to the planes and the fact that the clear blue sky gave me no points of reference with which to accurately gauge the speed of the planes.
Now call me an unimaginative dupe, but my first, best guess is #5. It does my ego no amount of good to admit that my observational skills are not up to the task of properly comprehending the phenomena I am witnessing, but if I am honest and rational with myself, I have to come to the conclusion that (based on Occam's Razor), the most likely explanation is that my "eyes are deceiving me". There are some people (and Jammonius appears to be one of them) who, due to arrogance, immaturity and/or possibly even some sort of mental illness cannot/will not allow himself to believe that his eyes could be fooling him. But for you "on the fence" lurkers out there, ask yourself one question; which of the following possibilities are more likely:
1. The appearance of planes in the 9/11 New York attacks was created for the witnesses in New York through the use of holograms** and other sorts of special effects.
2. Jammonius isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is at knowing what jets slamming at high speed into skyscrapers
should look like.
I know which one gets my vote.
* I use the word "instinctively" because despite the fact that Jammonius believes the attacks violate the laws of physics, he can provide
no equations at all with which support his belief. Your High School Math teachers weren't just trying to make sure you weren't using a calculator on your test when they asked you to "show your work". There was a larger, more important principle behind their request.
** Technology, by the way that doesn't even exist
now, never mind nine years ago, though you might be surprised and disappointed to lean that fact if all your knowledge of holograms comes from watching Sci-Fi and Spy Thriller movies, games and TV shows. Another disappointing, but nevertheless
true, fact; lasers aren't visible to the human eye unless they are being shot through something like smoke, vapor or dust.