Scott Sommers
Illuminator
- Joined
- Jul 27, 2009
- Messages
- 3,866
I'm also wondering about the behaviour of the so-called dustified steel. Metal powder reacts to magnets in very particular ways. It's claimed that hundreds of thousands of tons of dustified metal was floating around interacting with magnets and other magnetized surfaces. I don't know where one would find magnets in commercial products, but I'm sure they exist.
Jammi, real question - are there any reports of steel 'dust' sticking to magnets in the households of New Yorkers? There must be a hundred billion fridge magnets in NY City. And this wouldn't even include powerful commercial magnets.
Now that I think about it, there has probably never been such a huge amount of metal 'dust' in the world, much less in one localized area. It couldn't have just 'blown away'.
Come on Jammi, in eight years you haven't figured out this one. Makes me think your thinking on this isn't too deep. Find me up some reports of what happened to all this steel dust.
Jammi, real question - are there any reports of steel 'dust' sticking to magnets in the households of New Yorkers? There must be a hundred billion fridge magnets in NY City. And this wouldn't even include powerful commercial magnets.
Now that I think about it, there has probably never been such a huge amount of metal 'dust' in the world, much less in one localized area. It couldn't have just 'blown away'.
Come on Jammi, in eight years you haven't figured out this one. Makes me think your thinking on this isn't too deep. Find me up some reports of what happened to all this steel dust.

