• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Amanda Knox guilty - all because of a cartwheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garafano talks about this in Darkness Descending. I don't have the book with me at the moment unfortunately.
 
Just to the door, not the doorknob specifically as far as I can tell.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. This new theory is all an exercise in fantasy. I can guarantee it won't be used at the appeal.

I should qualify that. Tagliabracci might just try something like that since he is fairly unacquainted with the basics of the case. This is another reason I doubt he'll be summoned again by the lawyers.
 
3. The police had asked Raffaele to come into the station that day to answer some more questions. It was evening and they still hadn't arrived. The assumption by police was that they were attending Meredith's vigil that was being held that evening. A policeman happened to see them out instead eating pizza (instead of either attending the vigil or being down the police station) and called it in. When Giobbi heard this he immediately gave orders that they be called in.

Another example of RS and AK lying to the police? Did they really excuse themselves from an appointment with the cops by citing Meredith's vigil?
 
Another example of RS and AK lying to the police? Did they really excuse themselves from an appointment with the cops by citing Meredith's vigil?

Yes. That's why the police were so pissed off to find them eating pizza instead. And this is why they turned up at the police station so late. They couldn't go during the day as they were attending college...they couldn't go early/mid evening as they were attending the vigil. Only, they never went. They went for pizza instead. It's clear to see why the police were ticked.
 
Another example of RS and AK lying to the police? Did they really excuse themselves from an appointment with the cops by citing Meredith's vigil?

It was my understanding that the police assumed they were at the vigil. So even if they didn't lie to the police AKs no-show at the vigil demonstrates that she and Meredith were in no way "close friends".
 
They couldn't go during the day as they were attending college....

This was on November 5th, correct? Didn't the cleaning lady testify that both RS and AK were in his apartment when she cleaned it that day from 2p-4p? Why couldn't they have met with the police then?
 
It was my understanding that the police assumed they were at the vigil. So even if they didn't lie to the police AKs no-show at the vigil demonstrates that she and Meredith were in no way "close friends".
Do we know if the other housemates went to the vigil?
 
This was on November 5th, correct? Didn't the cleaning lady testify that both RS and AK were in his apartment when she cleaned it that day from 2p-4p? Why couldn't they have met with the police then?

She testified that they were there when she arrived at 2. There was no testimony that they were there until 4.

Why were they required to meet with the police that day? Were they considered "suspects" at the time?
 
Why were they required to meet with the police that day? Were they considered "suspects" at the time?
Do you mean formally, or that the police suspected them? Surely you know the answer in either case the same as everybody else. Your not trying to equivocate on the two meanings of the word "suspect" in this context, are you?
 
She testified that they were there when she arrived at 2. There was no testimony that they were there until 4.

Why were they required to meet with the police that day? Were they considered "suspects" at the time?

They were requested to answer questions. Just like police do whenever there's been a brutal murder.

You need to define '"considered".
 
Yes, of course.
Do you have a suggestion where to go looking for confirmation (strictly between you and me I've asked been asked the question elsewhere). I can do my own Googling of course, but I thought you might have some idea.

Incidentally, I have been asked to make a correction to an assertion I made a while back that Chris Mellas said Merredith's DNA on the knife matched half of Italy. It seems I was confused and the only source I was able to find was Mr Knox. If anybody can find a quote of Mellas saying it I'll correct my correction. Otherwise, apologies to Mr Mellas.

:)
 
The 'half of Italy' thing they all said. It was the script at the time.

As for the vigil, there's never been a report they didn't go. One can be certain of such a report if that was ever the case. The media love muck.
 
We know that Patrick was there. There are a few images of the gathering and you may recognize one of them in the crowd. I wouldn't blame them for not showing up. If you've ever been to such an event you would know how tough it can be emotionally for the closest acquaintances and that they may be better off staying away.

As for the 11 locus YSTR DNA match, there was a report that showed a number of matches in the CODIS database; "half of Italy" would simply an exaggeration to make the point.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom