• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Tea Party protest descends into madness, racism....

OK, then I guess I know where you stand on moral relativism; Its perfectly OK for you to do anything you wish, even if you consider it a crime for others.
That is the conservative mindset in a nutshell. (An appropriate receptacle.)
 
There have been racist signs at every Tea Party protest,

The last Tea Party protest I attended, I looked carefully at every protest sign I could see. There were a lot, including many I didn't agree with. But not a single one was racist.
So, evidence, please.
 
In order to overcome it and build a global community, we have to consciously, intelligently, make the effort to overcome our primitive, maybe instinctual distrust of "people not like us".

And why would 'we' want to do that?
 
Bush pushed forward two wars - One war ,which before it's onset, met up against the largests protests in the history of mankind.. Keep in mind we're talking about a president that was starting wars.. not pushing for healthcare reform.. The actions between opposing political factions of protestors is hardly comparable based on the actions of the men they were protesting against..

Right. One president was protecting our liberty; the other one is trying to destroy it.
They're not comparable at all.
 
The last Tea Party protest I attended, I looked carefully at every protest sign I could see. There were a lot, including many I didn't agree with. But not a single one was racist.
So, evidence, please.

Perhaps you don't know what others would call racist?

Can you show us pictures of these signs that you did not find and racist sentiment in?
 
Post pictures of all of the signs from that protest please, and I'll tell you if any were racist.

Sorry, I'm not going to let you burden-shift.
The claim is that every tea party includes racist signs (which, by the way, wouldn't imply that most Tea Party participants are racist; just that there's been at least one racist per Party). I gave you an example of a Tea Party; show me the racist sign.
Or else you believe the claim without evidence.
In fact, of the many many pictures of Tea Party signs I've seen, very very few are racist.
I've personally seen more signs that include George W. Bush in their condemnation than I've seen signs that denigrate Obama for his race.
 
Last edited:
No, you claim you examined those signs and there were none. Proof of none is on you. I could as easily claim that I was there and saw one. And if I did the proof would be on me. You are asserting a datum without evidence of its existence.

And in any case, the Tea Party is CLEARLY deeply racist; I have seen far more than enough actual photographic evidence of this both in blogs and in photographs. If there were one exceptional Tea Party rally where somebody forgot the racist signs, that is not disproof of that established fact.
 
And in any case, the Tea Party is CLEARLY deeply racist; I have seen far more than enough actual photographic evidence of this both in blogs and in photographs.

And I have not. Lots of accusations of racism; scant little evidence.
Sort of par for the course when it comes to trying to paint a broad group with a narrow brush.
 
No, you claim you examined those signs and there were none. Proof of none is on you. I could as easily claim that I was there and saw one. And if I did the proof would be on me. You are asserting a datum without evidence of its existence.

Ah, so if I claim that a specifc member of a group is racist that demands proof, but if I claim that every member of the group is racist that doesn't?
Fine, based on the BenBurch proof standards: every member of the Democratic party is a racist.
I'm glad you require no proof but can simply accept my claim.
 
Its the "No True Scottsman" fallacy, AvalonXQ. I believe YOU are not a racist, and I believe that you wish to disassociate yourself from the racists, but they are part of your movement. I suggest you depart hence and find some other political affiliation if you do not wish to be known by the party you keep.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom