Ahem, I'd like to point out that "tu quoque" as in "You Dems/Libs either didn't do anything to stop "your" nutters" is a fallacy.![]()
This is good to hear. And for the record, I walked away from the last racist I found myself confronted with at a political gathering (thought admittedly, I was rather naive at the time and I kinda needed it spelled out first).
I'm glad we're all united in opposing the looney tunes on both sides.
Its disgusting, we finally have a man of color as president and gained a little international respect and we are going backwards again. Its one thing to not like the policies, another to be racist and let that affect your thinking. SICK!!
so what you are saying is that the TP movement is big tent politics?![]()
I just received an e-mail from my foremost rightwingnut passing on a celebratory story from the "Patriotic Resistance" about their protest in DC.
The author of the story was quite thrilled to have met Jon Voight there.
Jeez, I spent 4 years at college with Jon.
He's a nice guy, but only an actor.
That's hardly a high point of a large anti-government rally, with all the moronic posturings and lunacies that one had.
...
Maybe it was.![]()
Blog-o-sphere:Someone also spat on Rep. Emanuel Cleaver. At least the spitter was arrested.
How long before we hear the "no True Tea Bagger" argument?
This campaign of destruction culminated yesterday when a specious charge was made that a protester shouted "ni**er" at the Congressional Black Caucus. Color me skeptical. I am not sure why the Black Congressional Caucus deliberately chose to walk through the crowd as they shouted "killl the bill," but it sure sounds like a set-up. And if someone shouted something so grotesque, it was either a plant, an infiltrator, or a freak who attached himself to a group that wants no part of him. It in no way reflects the millions of capitalist Americans standing up for their country. I have been to enough of these protests to know. These protesters are the salt of the earth. The best of America, our salvation, if it is to be had.
you see, faggot is an acceptable word to use, but ****** is not.
kike is ok. spick is ok. chink is ok. spear-chucker is ok.
but not ******.
Heh, heh. Usually the right ridicules the left and how they hold celebrities on high. But I guess when a celebrity supports the right then there is nothing wrong with the practice. LOL
I agreeTaxation is relative: At the time of the Boston Tea Party, The King tried to tax everything, and the taxes were high relative to the colonist's income at the time. There were other issues then that were creating the salt in wound effect out of the taxes. It isn't ever just the one issue that causes revolution, it is the snowball of many small things that creates one big thing.
Other things bothering the colonists were social mobility, religious freedoms, solders housing under their roofs, and taxation with out representation. It was the representation that bugged more than the taxation itself.
So is guilt by association.
California is bankrupt.
Job losses have still not stopped and have gone way past the point where the president said "vote for my OMGWTF deficit or it will get this bad".
The deficit is over 2 trillion and climbing.
Americas credit rating is going down the crapper.
China is getting out of US bonds.
And the only jobs the government has actually created, in the middle of a recession, is 16,000 TAX COLLECTORS to fuel even more spending.
But anyone who objects to this is automatically racist based on hearsay that someone may have said a naughty word.
How long is it going to be, what is it going to take for Obamas supporters to stop fixating on the color of his skin?
I'm not surprised by any of this. Look at the pro-segregation crowds back in the 50s and 60s, screaming and shouting at a little girl trying to go to school - I'm sure that many of those people felt pretty darn ashamed as the years wore on.
so what you are saying is that the TP movement is big tent politics?![]()
"Faggot" can be used to describe any kind of person. I predict that in some 10-20 years, it will almost never have the meaning "homosexual man". Newfag. Oldfag. Obamafag. Skeptifag. Truthfag. Nintendofag. MMAfag. See?From the original post.
"A writer for Huffington Post said the crowd called Frank a 'faggot.'"
"Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol, angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted "n-word" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis"
What is this double standard, why do they use the childish n-word instead of ****** when they use faggot in the same article?
And why does JREF blank ****** but not faggot? Why do you hate homosexuals?you see, faggot is an acceptable word to use, but ****** is not.
kike is ok. spick is ok. chink is ok. spear-chucker is ok.
but not ******.To end the question, fag and fagot have meant more things than just a slur against gay people. I am sure that it is a case of wanting to leave those words in , in case anyone wants to use them in the correct context. Same with chink, as a chink is a crack or hole in a wall or other such thing that should not have a crack or hole in it.
Oh lawds! This is not just bad design. This is bad design in 10 different ways. Give us back the clean style of the klan, please![qimg]http://users.telenet.be/peephole/pol/slide_5496_74976_large.jpg[/qimg]
"If Brown can't stop it a Browning can"?![]()
+1C'mon Parky, let's not go overboard. They're stupid jerks, but even stupid jerks have First Amendment rights and the freedom to assemble in great, teaming masses of jerky stupidity.
The best way to counter this nonsense is to expose it for everyone to see. The solution isn't to limit anyone's speech, the solution is more, better speech.
Maybe they are counting the voices in the heads?300 people.....Fox News seems to make it look like 30,000 people.
Yeah, for whatever arguments about the legal technicalities you might have, screaming att little girls is never the solution.I'm not surprised by any of this. Look at the pro-segregation crowds back in the 50s and 60s, screaming and shouting at a little girl trying to go to school - I'm sure that many of those people felt pretty darn ashamed as the years wore on. This'll be the same. Twenty years from now, they won't even remember what they were so mad about.
Yes. They should be eliminated, weakened, left as is, and strengthened. The Social Security Trust Fund does not exist, Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme, and Medicare is a well-run Private company.
I can't believe I let that typo slip into the thread title.
That's what happens when you rush these things.
As to the topic: do we have evidence that the protesters took steps to stop the racist stuff? I know it always bugs me when some G-20 protest erupts into a riot and everyone involved claimed it was "rogue" elements and yet none of them seemed to have policed their own.
Come on Tea Party nuts, just admit you were approving of the racism by your refusal to stop them in the same way the anti-globalization crazies are tacitly approving of anarchism when they do nothing to stop car burning.
Truman proposed a national health insurance system back in the day. One of the reasons it failed was fear of racially integrated hospitals.I suspect that a lot of the teabaggers either know or guess that this reform may help a lot of non-white Americans to get health insurance.