FlamingMoe
Banned
- Joined
- Jan 24, 2009
- Messages
- 853
Yes, you are trolling.I'm not trolling.
Why?Now prove that my point is stupid.
Yes, you are trolling.I'm not trolling.
Why?Now prove that my point is stupid.
Yes, you are trolling.
Over ten years, the net effect of this bill will be a relatively slight reduction in the deficit. The goal Obama stated for this bill was to not increase the deficit (that is, he wanted it to pay for itself). It was never sold as an important deficit reduction measure--at least not directly. I believe the wording Obama used was something to the effect that he wanted a bill that wouldn't raise the deficit a nickel. The CBO estimates that this bill fits that criterion.
Will anyone please answer this question? What should happen to poor people who can't afford insurance? Who pays? All of us, or none of us?
Can you detail how these estimates were derived?Not at all. He claimed the CBO did accurate estimates based on a false assumption. The ~$500 billion is the result of their estimates, not an a priori assumption.
All of that is ~IF~ it meets CBO expectations.
And government programs always come in on time and on time, don't they?
/sarc
This is just going to push the deficit higher.
All I can surmise from this trolling of yours is that you cannot, in fact, back up your stupid claim. Wouldn't it just be easier to admit it than keep trolling?Prove it.
There are provisions in the bill that are designed to make insurance affordable to everyone. (I believe the bill includes the insurance exchanges that will spread out the risk pool, government subsidies paid by taxes on high end policies, and the expansion of Medicare eligibility.) The individual mandate doesn't kick in until 2014.
The poorest of the poor already qualify for government subsidized insurance. This bill primarily addressed those a step above poverty level. (I'm not sure, but I believe it said there were subsidized plans available to households earning up to something like 300% of the federal poverty income--but I disremember the precise numbers at the moment. They're easy enough to find with a few minutes of googling.)
Will anyone please answer this question? What should happen to poor people who can't afford insurance? Who pays? All of us, or none of us?
I'm speaking to those who are against the government providing health care. Since they don't think the government should do it, I am just asking who should? What should happen to those people in lieu of government help?
Can you detail how these estimates were derived?
The Republicans want people to die? Is this really how intellectually vapid your argument is?Again.,. The same as of now. They accept charity, they go bankrupt, or die.
Just what the GoP wants.
I'm speaking to those who are against the government providing health care. Since they don't think the government should do it, I am just asking who should? What should happen to those people in lieu of government help?
The Republicans want people to die? Is this really how intellectually vapid your argument is?
You hit on an important thing. Many hospitals are forbidden by their charters to refuse emergency room patients. Hell, they are forbidden by the hippocratic oath. So the poor wait until their situation is critical, and they go to the emergency room, possibly the least cost-effective way of dealing with health issues. If we could stop this from happening, and hospitals having to eat enormous bills from people who could have been saved with a little preventative care, the cost savings would be equally enormous. And that's one of the ways universal health insurance will save money. As a bonus, people won't have to wait until they are emergencies to get health care. They can be helped long before they are in agony. But that's all touchy-feely stuff. Let's don't go there.Presumably the same thing that happens now. They get sent a massive bill, they don't pay it, so the hospital eats the costs, driving overall costs up.
I could, however, be wrong.
The Republicans want people to die? Is this really how intellectually vapid your argument is?
Not according the the best non-partisan estimate we have available.
What "expectations" do you think the CBO has? Do you think there's some kind of conspiracy going on within the CBO? Has the Democratic Party taken control of the CBO? Does the CBO "cook" their estimates to come in with numbers that will make the Democrats happy?
The Republicans want people to die? Is this really how intellectually vapid your argument is?
Well, The Republicans do seem to be strongly against Health Care Reform. They fought tooth and nail every step of the way. Since this is what happens NOW... What would Republicans rather have happen?