• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Congratulations to my fellow Democrats

Epic win would be like 400 to 31 or something.

Considering the contents of the bill, its quite the other epic thing.

Seriously, what sort of person looks at the contents of this package and stands around high fiving? Is it just a die-hard democrat loyalist thing? Yay, we passed a bill with huge majorities in both houses? Go us?

I think that finally getting some decent semblance of HCR after working on it for over 100 years can be considered an epic win :)
 
Stupak himself just got up and pwned the GOP on their anti-abortion argument.

Nice :D

Message to the GOP...

 
People that care about the uninsured.
So, do you actually believe people who are against this travesty of a bill don't care about the uninsured? Exactly what twisted, perverted logic did you use to come to that conclusion? I want to know because I've always wondered how people could honestly believe Earth is flat, eclipses are monsters eating the sun, and the Universe began 6000 years ago, and I really think your thought process just might contain the answer.
 
I doubt it. COB predicts less debt.

Also, I'd rather have debt for caring for people than debt for starting stupid wars like the GOP loves to do.

I'd rather have no debt in any case. But it's a moot point, because - as you correctly state - the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has shown that this legislation will decrease the national debt.
 
Seriously, what sort of person looks at the contents of this package and stands around high fiving?

My boss's family who will now not have to go bankrupt are very, very happy right now. I assume millions of Americans in the same boat (sick, worried about rescission) feel the same way.

His wife also is pretty stoked that we'll get a tax credit for our group plan under the bill as well.

Oh, and let's not forget that lifetime caps are banned.
 
I doubt it. COB predicts less debt.
What did the COB predict Medicare costs would be forty years after its passage? Medicare Part D? I'd put them down in the "Sylvia Browne" category of accuracy.

Also, I'd rather have debt for caring for people than debt for starting stupid wars like the GOP loves to do.
Congratulations, but debt is debt, no matter where it came from or how much you like where the money went.
 
The GOP had 12 years. They didn't do ****.

Now its our turn, so step aside GOP. You had your chance.
 
So, do you actually believe people who are against this travesty of a bill don't care about the uninsured?

Yes, I believe the quote from the GOBagger rally was "you're on the wrong side of town for a handout" and that their official position is to abolish Medicare.
 
What did the COB predict Medicare costs would be forty years after its passage? Medicare Part D? I'd put them down in the "Sylvia Browne" category of accuracy.

Really? And how did they do with their predictions of the GW Bush's tax cuts?
 
If you suffer from the delusion that the problem with health care was insurance, then yes, it is a good start.
I think that was one of the problems. Certainly there are many more that could be addressed, and I hope they will be. You can't solve all the problems at once. But universal coverage is a big, big deal. Ask the Europeans.
 
I predict that this bill will be like Social Security and Medicare....In the future, the GOP will come to defend it.
 
Really, congratulations to all of us Americans. This is the most significant single piece of legislation ever passed in my lifetime. Twenty years from now, nobody will be able to be elected dog catcher if he or she suggests that medical coverage revert to its pre 2010 state.
 
I predict that this bill will be like Social Security and Medicare....In the future, the GOP will come to defend it.

I sadly concur... if there is a future.

Addicts don't like being told they have a problem. And they sure as hell won't vote for you if you say that to them.
 
Wow, some of the anti-HCR callers on C-Span are saying some really stupid things. The guy on now is asking, seriously, whether or not "Obama is going to start telling us when to sleep."

WTF?! :confused:
 
I sadly concur... if there is a future.
Addicts don't like being told they have a problem. And they sure as hell won't vote for you if you say that to them.

Wow, didn't I just say something about anti-HCR folks saying some really stupid things? Are you serious, SoT?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom