• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Congratulations to my fellow Democrats

In fairness to Tricky, you did choose "Sword of Truth" as your nom de plume.

I did....to annoy and infuriate the 9/11 truthers back when I was first drawn here by the 9/11 conspiracy debunking work that was going on here.

I keep meaning to ask for a name change, but I haven't figured out a name I really want.
 
I did....to annoy and infuriate the 9/11 truthers back when I was first drawn here by the 9/11 conspiracy debunking work that was going on here.

I keep meaning to ask for a name change, but I haven't figured out a name I really want.

I think it's a good idea to change, since I obviously took a meaning from it you didn't intend. That said, it's votin' time!
 
We're watching history, folks!

So are the people at Moody's:

(FT)- Moody’s Investor Service, the credit rating agency, will fire a warning shot at the US on Monday, saying that unless the country gets public finances into better shape than the Obama administration projects there would be “downward pressure” on its triple A credit rating.

Examining the administration’s outlook for the federal budget deficit, the agency said: “If such a trajectory were to materialise, there would at some point be downward pressure on the triple A rating of the federal government.”
 
I think it's a good idea to change, since I obviously took a meaning from it you didn't intend. That said, it's votin' time!

Aye... I should just pick something and then change it again later if I come up with something better.
 
219 to 212

Epic win :D

Epic win would be like 400 to 31 or something.

Considering the contents of the bill, its quite the other epic thing.


Seriously, what sort of person looks at the contents of this package and stands around high fiving? Is it just a die-hard democrat loyalist thing? Yay, we passed a bill with huge majorities in both houses? Go us?
 
The second vote needs to be won....... and the GOP is going with the abortion angle, again.
 
It ain't perfect. It will require years of tweaking. But it's a start. A good start.

If you suffer from the delusion that the problem with health care was insurance, then yes, it is a good start.
 
Once again, I am very proud to be a registered Democrat, and SOO very proud to be an American.
You must be proud of being smarter than everyone else, too. I mean, where would we all be without you genius Democrats to take charge of our lives?

**** the Democrats, except the 34 who voted "nay."

The tenth amendment isn't toilet paper.
 
The GOP anti-abortion angle logic is weird. By their logic, to be consistent, tax cuts are the same as paying for abortions.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom