• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Tea Party protest descends into madness, racism....

300 people.....Fox News seems to make it look like 30,000 people.

I noticed in all of the FN coverage, they neglected to do any wide, panning shots of the crowd... probably because such footage would contain lots of empty grass & sidewalks :D
 
I can't believe I let that typo slip into the thread title.

That's what happens when you rush these things.



As to the topic: do we have evidence that the protesters took steps to stop the racist stuff? I know it always bugs me when some G-20 protest erupts into a riot and everyone involved claimed it was "rogue" elements and yet none of them seemed to have policed their own.

Come on Tea Party nuts, just admit you were approving of the racism by your refusal to stop them in the same way the anti-globalization crazies are tacitly approving of anarchism when they do nothing to stop car burning.
 
Its disgusting, we finally have a man of color as president and gained a little international respect and we are going backwards again. Its one thing to not like the policies, another to be racist and let that affect your thinking. SICK!!
 
For more than fourty years, the GOP has been the party of racists. No, it is not part of their platform or their official stance or anything. It is just an unspoken truth. I first recall seeing it in 1964 when there were bumper stickers with racist images popping out all over the place, all of them with anti-LBJ slogans. Yeah, I know. Not the GOP. Locals. But the GOP did nothing to try to stem or disavow these local groups. Let's face it. Most anti-black racists call themselves conservatives, and the GOP is the party of conservatism. This is not a big shock to anyone.

It only becomes a shock when the ugly secret winds up being exposed by an admittedly small number of protesters. But though the number of protesters may be small, the anti-black sentiment in the deeply conservative portions of the country is not small at all. And the GOP knows it. Yeah, they will "denounce racism" if this ugly secret makes the front page, but in their heart, they know it exists and that they rely on that demographic to win elections. Yes, Democrats count on blacks to vote for them in disproportionate numbers too. I'm not claiming that racial politics are the exclusive domain of the GOP. But let's not deny they exist. That is ridiculous. I must admit though that the recent public displays of racism by conservatives have been so over-the-top that the GOP is compelled to denounce one of their important demographics for fear of losing the moderate Republicans. It's a rock and a hard place, all right.

Ironically, the displays by the racist part of the Tea Bag movement are actually beneficial to the GOP. It exposes the odd bedfellows that the Tea Baggers are. The result, I believe, may be to open the eyes of many Tea Baggers as to just exactly who they are getting into bed with. Tax-hating Tea Baggers will be less likely to charge off into a splinter party, thus sucker-punching the GOP. It makes it more likely that anti-tax Tea Baggers will realize that the GOP is still their best chance for getting what they want. Most Republicans don't advocate racism against blacks, but enough of them do to stain the party's image if it becomes less "secretive".

As a native of Alabama with many hometown friends and family members who are racists, I know this to be true. I wish it weren't.
 
Last edited:
Come on Tea Party nuts, just admit you were approving of the racism by your refusal to stop them in the same way the anti-globalization crazies are tacitly approving of anarchism when they do nothing to stop car burning.

Come on liberals/leftists/democrats, just admit that you were approving of the calls for the murder of your political opponents by your refusal to stop them.

So far... all of those I've seen screaming in this thread about the alleged unproven racism of the Tea Party are all giant flaming hypocrites.
 
Come on liberals/leftists/democrats, just admit that you were approving of the calls for the murder of your political opponents by your refusal to stop them.

So far... all of those I've seen screaming in this thread about the alleged unproven racism of the Tea Party are all giant flaming hypocrites.

I think there's a rhetorical value in the reflexive nature of the orange 'bomb terrorists, bomb bush' sign that isn't there in the anti-Obama stuff I've seen.
 
I think there's a rhetorical value in the reflexive nature of the orange 'bomb terrorists, bomb bush' sign that isn't there in the anti-Obama stuff I've seen.

Naw, we can admit that sign's wrong.

We can also say that it's representative of the wacky protests that blog covers. That's not even the worst one.

We can also say that our congressmen weren't unfurling flags from balconies egging the whackjobs on (to the best of my knowledge, of course).
 
I denounce those people.

Your turn.

I denounce any and all racists (and thanks for saying that you don't think I am one).

So...

How about those numbers on what percentage of teat partiers are racists backed up by actual research?
 
The TP movement, with no leadership structure, and no actual policy platform ("Fiscal Responsibility" is a bumper sticker, not a policy), is perfectly designed to exploit the No true Scotsman falacy.

A simple fiscal conservative and a virulent racist can stand arm and arm in a crowd and denouce the President. When someone points out to the fiscal conservative that he is standing with a racist, he can say he had no idea and move to another part of the crowd, stand next to someone else and denouce the President. When it is pointed out that this person is a black helicopter nutcase, the fiscal conservative can say that he had no idea and move to another area of the crowd, find someone else, and denouce the President again. When the next person says he wants to assassinate the President because he is a British spy working for alQueda, no idea, another part of the crowd...

There is always the ability to take anybody in the TP crowd and say he doesn't really represent the TP movement and distance yourself from that individual while still being part of the TP movement. Of course, since there is no leadership structure, there is no way to boot anyone out, so that person can still show up at the next TP event...
 
No video or audio of an event?

It didn't happen!

Also see: 9/11 attack on Pentagon.

And about 6000 years of human history.
 
Last edited:
They're to the left what the most radical tea-partiers are to the right. They claim to be an anti-racism anti-war organization, but they sure attract a lot of raging anti-semites to their rallies, as well as those advocating violence.

Example 1

Example 2

Oh, those covetous Jews...
It always comes back to ANSWER. The only prominence ANSWER holds is with ANSWER members, you and readers of littlegreenfootballs (a blog that was equally bigoted compared to protesters at ANSWER rallies). ANSWER has NEVER held power in the Democratic party within an order of magnanitute of what teabaggers hold with the GOP.

Daredelvis
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom