• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Tea Party protest descends into madness, racism....

More videos of the actual black congressmen passing through the crowd:


No racial epithets heard... maybe someone should ask the tea partier in the white sleeveless blouse @0:48 if she heard something?


Nope... no racial slurs here, either.
 
Last edited:
You know, now that I've seen some video footage of these protests, I'm rather unimpressed at just how few people showed up for them.

ETA: From what I've seen, the crowd wasn't much larger than a few hundred people. Perhaps a thousand (or two) tops. Does anyone have any crowd estimates from reliable sources?
 
Last edited:
More videos of the actual black congressmen passing through the crowd:


No racial epithets heard... maybe someone should ask the tea partier in the white sleeveless blouse @0:48 if she heard something?


Nope... no racial slurs here, either.

Oh? So your contention is that they're lying?
 
More videos of the actual black congressmen passing through the crowd:


No racial epithets heard... maybe someone should ask the tea partier in the white sleeveless blouse @0:48 if she heard something?

It's tough to tell, and I could be entirely wrong about this, but I thought I heard someone yell the n-word at about 0:44 or 0:45. Whatever, if they did it's not like the entire crowd was doing it.

It's amazing how much noise only a few hundred people can make ;)
 
Oh? So your contention is that they're lying?

I think in the cacophony of voices, shouts and chants they have heard something that sounds like something.

But there seems to be bloody little proof of this "madness and racism", people are whining about.
 
Or these:

[qimg]http://cdn.newsone.com/files/2009/02/picture-810.png[/qimg]
[qimg]http://avideditor.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/20090723obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/44004/thumbs/s-OBAMA-RACIST-MAILING-large.jpg[/qimg]

Anecdotal evidence stops being anecdotal if you put in the form of a photograph... oh, wait... it's still just anecdotal.
 
Kind of like how you ignore the reason behind people speaking a common language and knowing how thier government works.

I'm hardly ignoring your excuses for those racist statements. But also understand that they are simply excuses.
 
I think in the cacophony of voices, shouts and chants they have heard something that sounds like something.

But there seems to be bloody little proof of this "madness and racism", people are whining about.

I just posted you four images of overt racism, all of which come from the leader of teaparty.org or in the case of those racist emails, GOP leaders in various states. Did you accidentally block images? Because that's the only way to deny the heavy racist component among the GOBaggers.
 
Anecdotal evidence stops being anecdotal if you put in the form of a photograph... oh, wait... it's still just anecdotal.

Actually, no. Photographs are actual physical evidence, not just anecdotes. You might argue about the strength of that evidence, but it is not just an anecdote.
 
I think in the cacophony of voices, shouts and chants they have heard something that sounds like something.

But there seems to be bloody little proof of this "madness and racism", people are whining about.

There also seems to be little evidence of the supposed massive public outcry against "Obamacare" in these videos in the form of a great, sweeping "Of the People, By the People, For the People" Tea-Party movement.

A few hundred people... sheesh, what a joke :p
 
I just posted you four images of overt racism, all of which come from the leader of teaparty.org or in the case of those racist emails, GOP leaders in various states. Did you accidentally block images? Because that's the only way to deny the heavy racist component among the GOBaggers.

Four images by four different people (or multiple ones by the same person).

At this rate, the number of tea partiers you will have proven to be racists will exceed single digits by the bottom of the 4th page of the thread.
 
Health care demonstrators gather outside Capitol
Hundreds of boisterous protesters gathered outside the Capitol on Sunday afternoon to voice their opposition to the health care legislation being debated inside.

About 300 people carrying homemade signs, American flags and banners with the colonial-era slogan "Don't tread on me" fanned out across a grassy area near the House side of the Capitol. One sign read, "Disobedience to tyranny is obedience to God," while another stated, "Obamacare (equals) death warrant for grandma." ...

 
Four images by four different people (or multiple ones by the same person).

At this rate, the number of tea partiers you will have proven to be racists will exceed single digits by the bottom of the 4th page of the thread.

Sheesh, you do realize there's a limit on time and space, right? Do I need to be Google for you here? I found those in five minutes, and if I wanted to find more, there were dozens of links. Like when they sold these buttons at the GOP convention.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/17...esidentwill-we-still-call-it-the-white-house/

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/obama-button.JPG

Edited by LashL: 
Do not hotlink images in your posts. Please see Rule 5.


At some point, you have to just concede the point.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Often, racists often have a hard time seeing racism.

For the record, I don't think SOT is racist. I think he's just in denial that the people he's aligning himself with are. I don't want to mind read, but it appears as if he thinks conceding this point will somehow be a concession on the issues, when in reality, denouncing this abhorrent behavior only strengthens his position. After all, I'd be happy to discuss policy with rational conservatives. When you start apologizing for racism, torture, and other morally repugnant features of the modern GOP, you get only derision from me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom