You people keep saying stuff like this, and then pretend to not be bashing the Italians.
Lets look at what I've highlighted and discuss just one case example. Casey Anthony has been in jail in Florida, charged with the murder of her own daughter, since the summer of '08. Currently her trial is tentatively scheduled for May, 2011. Tentatively. The state has released over 12,000 pages of evidence accumulated against her, and it's still coming, and every scrap of that has been on national television on a nearly daily basis. The Grace creature's program aired virtually nothing else for over a year. Every night. Her family stopped visiting her in jail because every second of every visit was videotaped, released by the state, and the tapes played and criticized on the air. Her commissary purchases gets air time ... and ridicule.
I could go on for pages. And that's just one case. Do you really want to play this game?
Would you like to tryto play with prosecutorial discretion in the U.S. and its potential for misuse as a topic. Ask your buddy halides1 about Mike Nifong and the Duke lacrosse team. That one had a happy ending, sort of, but it was a near thing. I'm sure we can find plenty of other examples.
It's disingenuous for you to say "I'm not sure why you're assuming I think it's any kind of 'conspiracy against an American'. I think that's a bit of a red herring" and then finish up the same paragraph with comments so completely without foundation and so pointedly and unambiguously prejudiced.