9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned
- Joined
- Jul 14, 2007
- Messages
- 3,593
Truther mentality: 2,779 pictures are "fakes"!
Lots of them seem to be credited to NYPD helicopter pilot Greg Semen-dinger.
Let's not be sarcastic now: maybe what we're really looking at are the interior walls, and the people who owned the buildings thought that bright, blazing orange would be a suitably relaxing color for office spaces. Or they got a really good deal on International Orange paint. I'm sure the truthers have a perfectly reasonable non-reality based explanation for this picture.Picture 3 shows those "office fires" that could have been tackled with a few hundred fire extinguishers..
Call Randi for your check!
If all of the photos were taken by the NYPD helicopters, as the article makes it sound like, wouldn't they automatically be in public domain as the work of the US government?We probably can't - I'd assume they have to negotiate with the copyright owners before they can put them online.
Expect to hear 2,779 comments like "See the way that thing goes like that? That doesn't look right" or "That doesn't look like something you'd see in a normal collapse, definately controlled demolition" or "Those are the telltale signs of nanothermite detonations".
Truther said:"It should NOT look like that!"
Truther said:"I don't propose theories. I just ask questions.
So, I don't know how it should look. But I know for certain it should NOT look like that!"
My bet:
city police departments aren't part of the US (federal) government, so that wouldn't apply to them, it may still be public domain but it would depend on laws in the city and state of new yorkIf all of the photos were taken by the NYPD helicopters, as the article makes it sound like, wouldn't they automatically be in public domain as the work of the US government?
I am not an expert on copyright laws, but from what I read, they belong to Greg Semendinger, not the NYPD. I think this is common in any chain of custody, once the government (9/11 Commission and NIST) are done with them, they can be turned back over to the owner.
yeah, if they were taken as part of his duties as an NY police officer they would belong to the NYPDCorrect, maybe.
If they were personal property, how would FOIA apply? Reports say that an FOIA request was what released the pics.
They were shot on company (taxpayer) time and in a NYPD helo.
ABC News has asked for permission to publish more of the images, the rights to which are still retained by the organizations or private individuals who originally took them.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/newly-released-sept-11-photos-world-trade-center/story?id=9798856
Semendinger — who took all the photos posted by ABC — said Wednesday that he had previously e-mailed some of the pictures to friends who later posted them on the Internet. Also, nine of the images were published in a book called "Above Hallowed Ground: A Photographic Record of Sept. 11" without his consent. The book was a tribute to the officers who were killed that day.
Semendinger was first in the air in a search for survivors on the rooftop. He said he and his pilot watched the second plane hit the south tower from the helicopter. "We didn't find one single person. It was surreal," he said. "There was no sound. No sound whatsoever, but the noise of the radio and the helicopter. I just kept taking pictures."
He took three rolls of film with his Minolta camera, plus 245 digital shots. Semendinger said that he gave the digital images to the 9/11 Commission that investigated the attack, and that the commission evidently released the pictures to NIST.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wirestory?id=9796098&page=2
The pilot's name alone is evidence of fraud.
Nobody has a name like that in real life, except for maybe Mrs. Bernice Smegmachasm, and the esteemed Dr. Loadsworth P. Jiggleballs.
[qimg]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9029/divegangsta.jpg[/qimg]
Pictured: Dr. Loadsworth P. Jiggleballs, M.D.