Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation
Yes, you do need faith, but you don't need "blind" faith, because God does give us sufficient evidence to believe in Christianity. I couldn't have made 1600 posts without it.
Ah, blinkered faith it is.
Yes, you do need faith, but you don't need "blind" faith, because God does give us sufficient evidence to believe in Christianity. I couldn't have made 1600 posts without it.
Yes, you do need faith, but you don't need "blind" faith, because God does give us sufficient evidence to believe in Christianity. I couldn't have made 1600 posts without it.
This is a false statement because Christianity has plenty of historical evidence a I've shown throughout this thread.
And you are making a glaring error, assuming karu means pierced. Can you show me this to be true?
evidence please. I would like for you to reference prime sources showing that the oldest known version of the psalm says "Karu"...
How about the Dead Sea Scrolls as a source:
From the MessianicArt website
"The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls also gave us a major contribution to textual scholarship, providing some of the most ancient Biblical texts known in history. The Scrolls, which could not have been influenced by an apologetic or defensive theology on either side of the debate, have ka'aru, instead of ka'ari! This seriously damages the anti-missionary allegation of a "mistranslation", and provides significant textual weight for the translation "pierced"."
http://www.messianicart.com/chazak/yeshua/psalm22.htm
That's funny. I couldn't find
1. Any image of the dead sea scrolls there.
and
2. any proof that Karu is actually pierce and not dig or shriveled.
You must have a different definition of "prime sources" than I do.
Well then it should be easy for you to find a website that states the Dead Sea Scrolls translates it as "like a lion" instead of "pierced".
That's funny. I couldn't find
1. Any image of the dead sea scrolls there.
and
2. any proof that Karu is actually pierce and not dig or shriveled.
You must have a different definition of "prime sources" than I do.
Well then it should be easy for you to find a website that states the Dead Sea Scrolls translates it as "like a lion" instead of "pierced".
Well then it should be easy for you to find a website that states the Dead Sea Scrolls translates it as "like a lion" instead of "pierced".
That is not the truth and you and we know it. Stop trying to talk down to us, it doesn't work.Yes, you do need faith, but you don't need "blind" faith, because God does give us sufficient evidence to believe in Christianity. I couldn't have made 1600 posts without it.
What, more copies of the same stories means what, that they are now true? Because it doesn't. The Scrolls where only used to show how much the writters of the bible did and/or didn't change the stories, no more, no less.How about the Dead Sea Scrolls as a source:
Well, clearly your standards of evidence are different from the rest of us.Yes, you do need faith, but you don't need "blind" faith, because God does give us sufficient evidence to believe in Christianity.
And the fact that nearly 8400 posts have been made against your position proves what?I couldn't have made 1600 posts without it.
These modern Christian scholars you allude to (without a source) must not include the people who wrote almost almost all of the biblical translations because nearly all of them except the one that Pax mentioned translates the word as "pierced".But for sake of argument, let's pretend you are right and that the accurate word is "Karu". NOw, please support the argument that it is to be translated as Pierced and not (As modern christian scholars believe) as "Shriveled".
Why not the earliest copies he can find, and then do the translation work himself. You should be able to verify the translation with a little effort...
These modern Christian scholars you allude to (without a source) must not include the people who wrote almost almost all of the biblical translations because nearly all of them except one that I know of translates the word as "pierced"
It proves there are about 220 skeptics in this thread compared to maybe 2 or 3 Christians.And the fact that nearly 8400 posts have been made against your position proves what?
It proves there are about 220 skeptics in this thread compared to maybe 2 or 3 Christians.