Michael Mozina
Banned
- Joined
- Feb 10, 2009
- Messages
- 9,361
I have learned nothing at all within the limits you specify, "in terms of the case MM seems to be trying to make." I did learn early on, a long time ago, that Mozina is not rational and therefore not capable of rational discussion. I see no reason to believe that things have changed at all along those lines, over what must now be a few years I guess.
I'm "rational" enough to have created and run my own business successfully for over 17 years. I'm rational enough to have a wife that I've been married to for 20 years. I'm rational enough to have raised two lovely daughters, one that will be starting college next year. I'm rational enough that the banks lent me money to buy a home, and I'm rational enough to have made every payment so far on time, not to mention lend them money with my tax dollars. (is that rational?) How exactly are you defining "rational"? You mean that if I don't come around to your way of thinking in a year or so, I'm not "rational" anymore Tim?
What if your crusade against empirical physics has been "irrational" Tim? What if my belief system (in EU theory) has nothing at all to do with the problem, but rather it's your unwillingness to consider any other alternatives that is the real root of the problem Tim?
The rest of your rant is hardly worth responding to with the exception of the "religion" comment. I think I'll crucify you for that one if you don't mind.
Tim, your belief system is a "religion", whereas my belief systems are based upon empirical physics, physics that actually works in the lab. I don't believe in "dark energies" when a religious person tells me "dark energies" did it. Likewise I don't believe you when you claim "dark energies" did it. I don't believe either of you for exactly the same empirical reason. Neither of you can demonstrate that "dark evil energies" exist in nature or have any effect on nature.
What you can demonstrate via redshift patterns is a long term pattern of "acceleration". That is no more due to your brand of "dark energies" than any religious "dark evil energy". Empirically speaking nothing like that exists in nature. You're blowing mathematical smoke. Acceleration is not "dark energy". If you claim "dark energy" can cause acceleration, demonstrate it. If you can't demonstrate it empirically exists, don't blame me for your failures.
Guth literally "made up" inflation in his head, on the spot, without a lick of preexisting science on the topic of "inflation". He literally postdicted the whole thing to fit and endowed his creation with supernatural properties. It's pure human fabrication from one human imagination. From there it became a "MEME", and a dead one at that. It's a impotent today and as irrelevant to empirical physics today as any dead deistic entity. It cannot and will not ever show up in an empirical experiment and must there *ALWAYS* remain an "act of faith" on the part of "believer". Don't even think about lecturing me about 'religion".
It's not my fault you chose to believe in these things Tim, and it's not my fault you can't get a non existent inflation deity, or "dark energies" to show up in a lab, anymore than it's my fault that a religious person lacks empirical support for one of their pet beliefs.
Now "empirical physics" can be demonstrated to be "wrong" occasionally, but it's not "irrational" to lack belief in something that lacks empirical support Tim. Blame me all you like, whine all you like, bitch all you like, but it's not my personal fault you chose to put your faith in non existent stuff that has no effect on me.
FYI, when it comes to acting like a "religion", you guys/gals are in a class all by yourselves. Even religious websites tend to treat 'skeptics" better than your little cult. You folks even hold witch trials over at BAUT to "hunt down" any and all offending belief systems. I've never seen a religious website act more aggressively and repressively than that place.
You ignore valid scientific evidence when it's presented to you like those last 3 papers I handed you. You ignored those white light images on the DVD for weeks TIM. Even still the most vocal among you go from website to website to persecute PC/EU theory wherever and whenever you can. Talk about irrational behaviors Tim. When it comes to irrational behaviors Tim, you win that battle hands down.
Last edited:

). He thinks that Birkeland's high value for the density means that there is a lot of undiscovered matter. The fact is that the values for the average density of the universe have decreased as science has learned more about the universe.