A "cosmological constant" isn't an "explanation", it too is simply an "observation". Hoy.
In that case gravity isn't a definition of why stuff falls out of trees. Its just an observation.
Is it dead too, or might you actually hope to empirically demonstrate it isn't a figment of your imagination one day? Where do I get some to see that it causes things to "accelerate" like you claim?
So you don't understand the word "hypothesis".
So let's just call it "God energy" and give it a "more meaningful" name?
It's not more meaningful. Most people have an idea of the literal and the metaphorical meaning of dark. And we can draw parallels with dark matter. God energy gives people idea of religion when what we're discussing is one of the most significant collection of physics observations of the 20th century.
Besides. You're over a decade too late. There's no point changing the name when everyone else is quite happy with the old one. It makes no more sense than changing the EM force to the God force.
Then stop calling "acceleration" something it's not. IT's not "dark energy". It's "acceleration". Likewise the transfer of energy from the magnetic field to the charged particle is called "induction", not "magnetic reconnection". You guys are really "sloppy" when it comes to the proper use of proper scientific terms.
Scientists can be sloppy at times. That is undoubtedly true. In this case, its just you talking rubbish, however.
I "predict" you'll never tel me where your "dark energy" comes from, let alone show me it "accelerates" anything in a controlled experiment.
It accelerates stuff by definition. If it doesn't accelerate stuff its not dark energy.
Only by *YOUR CIRCULAR DEFINITION*! That' bogus.
How can you possibly have a circular definition? Oh, I remember, you don't know what "defintion" means.
The physical universe may in fact be expanding. It may in fact be accelerating. None of those things have anything at all to do with "dark energy"
You're arguing AGAINST a tautology! My mind is boggling.
Now you're arguing against yourself. (Can anyone tell me which is a more ridiculous form of argument?) The only person that recognises the term "deity energy" is you. I suggest that if you want to discuss deities you go over to the religion forum. This is the Science, Maths and Technology forum where people are meant to discuss science, maths and technology (surprisingly enough).
because neither "dark" not "deity" energy exists in nature as separated or known force of nature.
Deity energy is something you made up remember. As for dark energy, if the expansion of the Universe is accelerating then, by definition (ie it is tautologically true that), dark energy exists.
Ya, just like they "know" that coronal loops or not "discharges" of the EM field. I'm sorry but the industry is so EU phobic,
No. It just deplores vague, unquantified, hand-wavy theories.
I think they would do or say anything to irrationally exclude the one force of nature that is 39 OOM more powerful that gravity.
That is the comparative forces between two fundamental particles. The Universe is not made up of two fundamental particles. Therefore your argument is utterly irrelevant.
Oh baloney. I'm not the one chasing giant dark snipes everywhere in the universe. I'm looking for "real" (empirically real) answers.
Yeah. Like the surface of The Sun being iron

.
It's not just semantics TBT, it's a matter of principle. That last author we looked at claimed dark energy is a "real thing". It's not. "Acceleration" is a real observation.
And dark energy is the name we give to the cause of the acceleration, whatever it may be. I don't even know what you mean by "real thing" by the way.
There's an important scientific difference between these two statements and it's worth fighting for.
The difference is that one is to be the observation and one is
defined as the cause of the observation.
Just like I might call it "God energy". It's just a "make believe" term until you empirically show it's not a figment of your overactive imagination.
Its a real term. I can write it down. Look:
"dark energy".
See. Its not make believe. Lets try again, just in case you didn't get it the first time:
"dark energy".
And one more for luck:
"dark energy".
That's a circular feedback loop. God is causing acceleration with God energy. We observe the observation of acceleration, hence we have evidence of "God energy". See a problem with my religion?
Your analogy fails completely. You said "God is causing acceleration with God energy" but that includes three separate things. Namely God, acceleration and God energy. But the inclusion of God is completely erroneous. I never in my statement said what the cause of dark energy was. I used no analogue of God in my statement. I said "Dark energy is the name we give to the cause of the accelerated expansion. Therefore, we do observe the effects of dark energy (assuming the observations are correct)." I was showing you how it was tautologically true that, given our definition of dark energy, it must exist if the expansion of the Universe is accelerating. I never said. "Therefore there must be a cosmological constant" or anything of that nature.
You are denying a tautology.
Er, easily. Go outside and jump up as high as you can. When you feel your feet hit the ground about, that is gravity causing two free molecules to come together.
By free I meant out there in the cosmos. Not in the vicinity of the Earth.