Er, no. It's a fallacy to *assume* that the authority figure is right only because he is a recognized authority on the topic.
It was you who said:
they are evidently clueless about what goes on in a vacuum at the level of kinetic energy and actual physics.
Qualifications or no qualifications, even if I hadn't been witness to your frequent gross misuses of science and the scientific method and even if I wasn't aware that you were essentially talking out your rear end from my own physics education I would still have be drawn to the conclusion that you were talking crap, precisely because you completely failed to support the statement with any evidence whatsoever.
The fact that you accused a well-known expert in one of the fields of subatomic physics of not having a clue about subatomic physics whilst, in posts not long prior to that, having giving us all ample evidence that you did not have a clue about subatomic physics just made your claim even more laughable.