• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Evidence for why we know the New Testament writers told the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this DOC your a liar crap (which of course I deny) is much ado about nothing. You're trying to make a big deal out of some point that would be obvious to anyone who spent 5 minutes doing further research on Ramsay. Bottom line is that Ramsay said Luke is one of the world's great historians and saying that once, saying that 10 times, saying that 1000 times is not a lie no matter how hard skeptics try to make it one. And in a way I'm glad you keep trying to say it is a lie because it seriously hurts your credibility to do so. So keep it up, all the hoopla might distract a few people, but I seriously do believe it is going to hurt some skeptics credibility to keep calling a true fact a lie.


It is a lie of omission, as joobz pointed out.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=5093485#post5093485
 
All this DOC your a liar crap (which of course I deny) is much ado about nothing. You're trying to make a big deal out of some point that would be obvious to anyone who spent 5 minutes doing further research on Ramsay. Bottom line is that Ramsay said Luke is one of the world's great historians and saying that once, saying that 10 times, saying that 1000 times is not a lie no matter how hard skeptics try to make it one.
It is a lie of omision. Your repeated lies doesn't hurt your credibility since you have none...actually you have negative credibility at this point. No one trusts anything you claim.
 
It is a lie of omision. Your repeated lies doesn't hurt your credibility since you have none...actually you have negative credibility at this point. No one trusts anything you claim.

I said it to Joobz and I'll say it to you:

"And in a way I'm glad you keep trying to say it is a lie because it seriously hurts your credibility to do so. So keep it up, all the hoopla might distract a few people, but I seriously do believe it is going to hurt some skeptics credibility to keep calling a true fact a lie."

And it is obvious you're trying to divert most of the attention on me, when in fact the information in my posts have nothing to do with me. The tactic might confuse some, but I really do believe it makes some skeptics look bad to anyone who really takes some time and analyzes all that has been said.
 
But Joobz of course gets a pass from skeptics, when he says Christ condones slavery when the great majority of translations don't use the word slave but servant.

Double Standard, it is so obvious.

Ah, christ doesn't condone slavery huh? Does this mean that you admit that the old testament condones slavery? Please drop the whole slave/servant gambit, it is in itself a deception as, even if you do a global find and replace of the words, the bible still has clear rules for owning another human being.

Btw, even if Joobz was getting a pass (which he's not) and was lying about the slavery thing (which he's not), this doesn't change any other facts. Dobbing in other liars doesn't negate the fact that you seem to have lied.

(bbtw, being male I assume the male pronoun in most of my general posting. Apologies to Joobz if 'he' was.....assumed incorrectly).
 
And it is obvious you're trying to divert most of the attention on me, when in fact the information in my posts have nothing to do with me.
True. You lied about what Ramsay said. So you lied about others.
The tactic might confuse some, but I really do believe it makes some skeptics look bad to anyone who really takes some time and analyzes all that has been said.
Please stop lying. The only one who believes your lies seems to be you...which just makes it pathetic.
 
But Joobz of course gets a pass from skeptics (on this omission thing) when he says Christ condones slavery when the great majority of translations don't use the word slave but servant.

Double Standard, it is so obvious.


You really need to stop and think about this DOC.

Why is it so?

Why do you think nobody believes a word you say, and yet Joobz retains complete credibility. And Hokulele, and Pax, and in fact, everyone in this thread but you.

Even me, and I haven't made a serious comment yet.

Why is it so, DOC?
 
I said it to Joobz and I'll say it to you:

"And in a way I'm glad you keep trying to say it is a lie because it seriously hurts your credibility to do so. So keep it up, all the hoopla might distract a few people, but I seriously do believe it is going to hurt some skeptics credibility to keep calling a true fact a lie."
You know what's funny here is that you often use appeal to authority arguments. Yet, it never seems to cross your mind that EVERYONE responding to you DISAGREES with your claims of credibility and AGREES that you are lying when quoting Ramsay.

Why is that?

And it is obvious you're trying to divert most of the attention on me, when in fact the information in my posts have nothing to do with me. The tactic might confuse some, but I really do believe it makes some skeptics look bad to anyone who really takes some time and analyzes all that has been said.
No. We are diverting the attention to your lies and highlighting the fact that your use of the Ramsay quote is fully and intentionally deceitful.
 
I didn't have to because any 8th grader who read the website below that I have brought into this thread at least 4 times would see that none of the 84 highly detailed facts that Luke gets right is a miracle.
and yet you still use it as evidence that the entire bible is true. YOu are just confirming your lie.

All this DOC your a liar crap (which of course I deny) is much ado about nothing. You're trying to make a big deal out of some point that would be obvious to anyone who spent 5 minutes doing further research on Ramsay. And many people would probably assume it anyway.
And yet you do not mention it? In other words, you are purposefully being deceitful. Unlike my dolous argument, which I give full support to why I use slave instead of servant.
 
People might get misled by their own false thinking, but I have never said Ramsay's praising of Luke as being one of the world's greatest historians proves the miracle elements of the bible. If that is someones own false thinking so be it. People are trying to make apples oranges by saying my truthful statements about Ramsay are a lie.

Skeptics hate someone of Ramsay's prestige saying Luke was one of the world's greatest historians and some will twist logic by trying to turn truths into lies.

OK everyone take a big step back from the brink. I think we actually have some agreement here.

Doc appears to be positing that:
Ramsey says that Luke was a great historian with respect to local customs, language and geography.

The other member of this board seem to not dispute this statement

Wow we seem to agree on this point.

DOC also appears to be positing that:
In no way are his posts re: Ramsey intended to support the idea that the supernatural events of the bible are factual.

The other members of the board state that Ramsey by his own caveats CANNOT be used to infer anything about the supernatural bit of the bible true or false.

WOW another agreement (as far as the usage of the quote), Ramsey in the context of this discussion is not useful or intended to support the supernatural bits of the bible.

OK so if we agree on these things as we seem to do...

Revised...
The question that I have for DOC is:
What is the purpose of bringing Rasmey into the discussion at all?
 
Last edited:
OK everyone take a big step back from the brink. I think we actually have some agreement here.

Doc appears to be positing that:
Ramsey says that Luke was a great historian with respect to local customs, language and geography.

The other member of this board seem to not dispute this statement

Wow we seem to agree on this point.

DOC also appears to be positing that:
In no way are his posts re: Ramsey intended to support the idea that the supernatural events of the bible are factual.

The other members of the board state that Ramsey by his own caveats CANNOT be used to infer anything about the supernatural bit of the bible true or false.

WOW another agreement (as far as the usage of the quote), Ramsey in the context of this discussion is not useful or intended to support the supernatural bits of the bible.

OK so if we agree on these things as we seem to do...

Revised...
The question that I have for DOC is:
What is the purpose of bringing Rasmey into the discussion at all?

Because while he might be backtracking under pressure at this current juncture...at one point he used his quote mine from Ramsey to declare that as Luke was a first rate historian, there is no reason to believe Luke would have lied about the supernatural.

I can do the searching to find the post(s), but it'll take me awhile - After all, Doc does have close to 1500 posts in this thread alone (many of which stand for themselves).
 
Yay! Simon's back!

Good points. I do not know for sure either, but when I have a little free time, I will dig around and see what I can find. If it supports this, I can add it to The List.

Why, thank you, it is always nice to feel missed. Make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.



But Joobz of course gets a pass from skeptics (on this omission thing) when he says Christ condones slavery when the great majority of translations don't use the word slave but servant.

Double Standard, it is so obvious.

Yeah, servant, servant the master can beat up at will. Servant that are not free to leave their master (as Onesimus in the Pauline letter to Philemon). Servant that you can get pregnant if you want when your wife is barren...

Of course it means slave. The fact is that the main translation of the Bible came from a time and place (XVIIth century England) where the institution of slavery was not common.
The fact also is that more recent translation such as the new living translation that make a great emphasis on using the most accurate words to get to the closest of the original thought DO use the term 'slave'.
The fact that we still have the texts the translators you trust so much used for their translation, and we haven't forgotten to read Greek either, in fact, we probably read it better than the original translators did. And the 'original' clearly use a word that is most commonly used for slave and the context clearly means they are talking about slaves.
 
1:50 mark in video...

I am a divine being!


X.jpg

Well, that's it for me. All the evidence of God that I require.

So, Divine Being X, did the New Testament writers tell the truth?
 
Because while he might be backtracking under pressure at this current juncture...at one point he used his quote mine from Ramsey to declare that as Luke was a first rate historian, there is no reason to believe Luke would have lied about the supernatural.

I can do the searching to find the post(s), but it'll take me awhile - After all, Doc does have close to 1500 posts in this thread alone (many of which stand for themselves).

I've been lurking here for a while and have been following this thread since the beginning. I know how it LOOKED when this was first posted but I was trying to pin down this recent 'clarification' and what it means. Please don't wade through all that for just little ol' me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom