• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

UFOs: The Research, the Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have REPEATEDLY asked that you NOT associate my stance with the term "alien", period.

YOU and other have REPEATEDLY 'ignored' this request. And now you further want to accuse 'me' of mis-understanding...?

---

This is it, son. I am not going to explain this to you, again.

The use of the term "alien" is not required, unwarranted, and places upon "U.F.O.'s" an unrealistic expectation. "For there to be ufo's, they of had to travel light years to get here, and use up a lot of energy, they be old, blah blah blah..." When the historical record actually says something quite different.

So STOP.

It is intellectually dishonest, a misrepresentation of the facts at hand, and an attempt to slander the debate. We are not arguing something fictional or impossible.

People have ALWAYS seen, talked about, and featured 'things in the heavens not human' in their media.

Using the term "alien" is literally calling every ancient historian a liar.

For the last time, stop trying to misrepresent the discussion.


First, this discussion is about aliens. The OP made the claim that aliens exist and stated unambiguously that he would bring in evidence to support that claim. He hasn't. And neither have you.

Second, I used the term "alien" because you've used the term yourself to describe the aliens that you believe exist. So climb down from your semantic high horse, eh? Your argument from crying like a little girl isn't evidence any more than your arguments from ignorance and incredulity.

Third, I suggested that if you didn't like the term "alien", you replace it with one of your own choosing. The only other term you appear to like is "non-human", which is so ambiguous as to be meaningless in this conversation. Expecting other people to take responsibility for your sub-par communication skills is a pretty crappy way to resolve your problem. Arranging for a remedial reading course with an English teacher there at your high school is one of several much better ways.

Fourth, although perhaps first in relevance, you've made a lot of noise here, but in all those words you haven't been able to support your position. Other than arguments from incredulity, ignorance, gullibility (thanks, RoboTimbo), and crying like a little girl, do you have any evidence to support your claim that these alien things that you can't bring yourself to call aliens exist? That is a yes or no question, King of the Americas. No smarmy evasive backtalk necessary. Just a yes or a no, please.
 
Maybe 'they' don't think like we do...=QUOTE]


We can accept vast cultural differences between "us" and an entirely alien race. Hell, we have them between our own ethnic groups.

Still, there's a degree of practicality...These guys have (presuming the entire premise) built a fleet of interstellar craft, crewed and outfitted them, and expended what we would imagine to be vast resources and talent... For what?

A few cow lips and anal probes?

---
 
I've been gone for 30 or so pages.
Could someone please give me a list of all the evidence of alien artifacts found so far?
And King of the Americas? I think the word you are looking for is "alien".
 
Last edited:
I've been gone for 30 or so pages.
Could someone please give me a list of all the evidence of alien artifacts found so far?
And King of the Americas? I think the word you are looking for is "alien".

no need for a list
heres a summary
"none"
;)
unfortunately we have established that King of the Americas doesn't speak English past a kindergarden level so doesn't understand that "Alien" doesn't just mean extra terrestrial
He certainly doesn't know that its derived from the latin word "alienus" which means "belonging to another,"
:D
 
Just to recap, so far in over 3200 postings in this thread, neither King of the Americas nor SnidelyW nor Rramjet have been able to provide any evidence to support their contention that aliens exist. If I missed any, would someone please point out the relevant postings? Thanks.

Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not hold your breath. :p
 
A few cow lips and anal probes?
Everyone in the Galaxy knows Earth girls are easy.

At any rate, I suspect NASA or the like will find and present evidence of “aliens” to us before any of the characters posting their “research” and “evidence” here do…

That is of course assuming our new Alien Overlords don’t suddenly decide to show up en masse one of these days to greet us.

(however, I for one will not be there to welcome them with open arms, at least not right away… I’ll be running to the hills from whence I shall proceed to observe and assess the situation first)
 
Everyone in the Galaxy knows Earth girls are easy.

At any rate, I suspect NASA or the like will find and present evidence of “aliens” to us before any of the characters posting their “research” and “evidence” here do…

That is of course assuming our new Alien Overlords don’t suddenly decide to show up en masse one of these days to greet us.

(however, I for one will not be there to welcome them with open arms, at least not right away… I’ll be running to the hills from whence I shall proceed to observe and assess the situation first)
I shall be on my knees at the foot of the ramp saying "welcome back my Lords, I have been waiting for you and championing your morals to the rest of my species, oh and can I have Australia (capital "A") please"
;)
 
Actually that is fallacious reasoning. No-one said anything about "a simple statement" making ANYTHING true, let alone a UFO report.

My contention is that there seems to exist a body of evidence that points toward phenomena (a phenomenon perhaps) that defies our realist theories on "objective reality". I contend that there is something occurring that would cause many people to sit up and say "Wait on...what IS going on here?"

This is something I find peculiar. What do you mean by "a phenomenon or phenomena that defies our 'realist theory on "objective reality"'"?
 
I am sorry to do this... but it's unavoidable and some of you are actually going to get your wish!

I have to go away for a couple of weeks or so and will be unable to to post for the duration.

I know there are some outstanding issues and I know some people have put a fair amount of time into this and unanswered questions remain that deserve my attention. I apologise if that unduly inconveniences anyone.

I am not "dropping out" however, as I will pick it up again when I return (if there is anything left to pick up that is ;), as I still have a number of points that need to be made.

I can say it's been a hell of a ride so far - and I look forward to picking up again in a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Roger.
Well, it's been two and a half weeks since Rramjet made the above post.

I'm personally greatly looking forward to his imminent return.
 
I witnessed a flying saucer just last night in fact. It was one my wife threw at a stray cat trying to get to our gold fish pond not for the first time. :D
 
Just to recap, so far in over 3200 postings in this thread, neither King of the Americas nor SnidelyW nor Rramjet have been able to provide any evidence to support their contention that aliens exist. If I missed any, would someone please point out the relevant postings? Thanks.

Blimps.
 
I shall be on my knees at the foot of the ramp saying "welcome back my Lords, I have been waiting for you and championing your morals to the rest of my species, oh and can I have Australia (capital "A") please"
;)

Yes you can haz Australia.
 
You can't give Australia away. You first have to ask the indigenous people if they will allow you to give it away. :p
 
You can't give Australia away. You first have to ask the indigenous people if they will allow you to give it away. :p

They're going to be resettled in Florida. There should be plenty of room when all the fat people there have been sent off to the food processing centres, hey wait til they try taco bell, theyre gonna wonder why they ever bothered with witjuti grubs and who needs dreamtime when youve got Universal studios
:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom