• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Islam, a religion of peace? LOL

Re: Re: Re: Islam, a religion of peace? LOL

Brian said:


"The racist in Jasper did not pose with the body, like they did Fallujah. There is no comparsion between the killing in Jasper and the killings in Fallujah" -outcast

This picture Wasn't taken 500 years ago. I'm not saying the US is bad, and I'm not making exuces for those freaks with the charred corpse.

I'm not sure why you quoted me...

those people disgust me as well. that picture should have been used at the trial. just like the recent picture should be used to round up those Iraqis.


Virgil
 
Outcast said:
They could, but it would be pointless on their part.

Why do you say that? They have far more advanced technology, their culture is at least as advanced as here in the US, though it is different.
 
Re: Re: Re: Islam, a religion of peace? LOL

Brian said:


"The racist in Jasper did not pose with the body, like they did Fallujah. There is no comparsion between the killing in Jasper and the killings in Fallujah" -outcast

This picture Wasn't taken 500 years ago. I'm not saying the US is bad, and I'm not making exuces for those freaks with the charred corpse.
Point well made. It was a sick time in American history. The only thing I can say, it was illegal, though on one seem to care. Lynching
 
Fool-

Since you're too dense to use the quote function properly, I won't bother quoting you back. But I am indeed gratified to see your twisted, petty attempts to turn an obvious truth into some ass-backward political tool have fallen flat and your harping the same - dare I say it - bigoted premises speaks volumes. Like I said, I won't play your games. I run with a better crowd.

Again, if YOU would like to venture a position on "superiority" (your word, not mine), then by all means do so... if it will advance the discussion. But if you're just out for a quick game of grabass, then I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere.
 
Outcast said:
Western Civilization is the most advanced culture in the world. Both Christianity and Judaism have contributed to it. Islam has not contributed anything in the past 500 years.

Cool...so who is the most advanced western culture between ....lets say..... America and Britain?
 
The Fool said:


Cool...so who is the most advanced western culture between ....lets say..... America and Britain?

God, are you pathetic. If I was your father I'd have to kick my own ass.
 
Re: Re: Re: Re: Islam, a religion of peace? LOL

Virgil said:


I'm not sure why you quoted me...

those people disgust me as well. that picture should have been used at the trial. just like the recent picture should be used to round up those Iraqis.


Virgil
I apologize. I thought when you said "these people" you were on board with the original post. That group of people in the Iraqi pic are disgusting. Most of the people in Iraq are most likely just like everyone else.
 
Jocko said:
Fool-

Since you're too dense to use the quote function properly, I won't bother quoting you back. But I am indeed gratified to see your twisted, petty attempts to turn an obvious truth into some ass-backward political tool have fallen flat and your harping the same - dare I say it - bigoted premises speaks volumes. Like I said, I won't play your games. I run with a better crowd.

Again, if YOU would like to venture a position on "superiority" (your word, not mine), then by all means do so... if it will advance the discussion. But if you're just out for a quick game of grabass, then I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere.
Lol.... Jocko has left the building....

handed his hat yet again.

But as you said yourself jocko old son...you don't make value judgements you just know which cultures are more evolved than others... you say it is an obvious truth but you can't apply your methodology for seeing obvious truth on anyone but Muslims... Funny thing eh? you can recognise a less evolved culture so easily yet you can't apply this skill to all cultures....

ever wish you had not come into this thread and said such silly things?

"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"
"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"
"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"
"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"
 
Jocko said:


God, are you pathetic. If I was your father I'd have to kick my own ass.
so you disagree? Or agree? You are the one that is proposing that some cultures are more evolved than others... but does that proposition get a bit uncomfortable if it gets closer to home? Are Americans a more evolved culture than Canadians?

Eventually you may see the absurdity of your comparative cultural evolution garbage...but I'm not holding my breath.
 
The Fool said:

Lol.... Jocko has left the building....

handed his hat yet again.

Dream on.

But as you said yourself jocko old son...you don't make value judgements you just know which cultures are more evolved than others... you say it is an obvious truth but you can't apply your methodology for seeing obvious truth on anyone but Muslims... Funny thing eh? you can recognise a less evolved culture so easily yet you can't apply this skill to all cultures....

The thread is about muslims. The bullsh*t is about you.

ever wish you had not come into this thread and said such silly things?

Cram this into your cockeyed world view, fool - I don't give a rat's posterior what you think.

"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"
"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"
"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"
"some cultures have evolved somwhat faster than others"
"I made no value judgments"

Which I quantified, and asked SPECIFICALLY from you, expecting no answer and not being disappointed in your jingoistic crap:

...little social evolutions like women's rights, representative government, universal education and economic development all seem to miss a foothold in muslim countries owing to the unusually strict adherence to fourth-century dogma.

Do you think such developments are unimportant? Undesirable? I made no value judgments; you were the one who introduced the term "superior." Care to explain yourself?

This guantlet you failed to pick up because I wouldn't play your stuipid little schoolyard game. And now you have the cajones to say you've won something? If this was a pissing contest, maybe- but I'm afraid it's a skeptics' forum.

You handed me nothing but another example of what a liar you are. My hat, indeed... If you want to play with the adults, then learn the rules, "old son."
 
Originally posted by The Fool
Hi Mycroft...have you come to join Jocko on this sinking ship?

We must be looking at different ships.

You didn't answer his question:

Do you think social evolutions like women’s rights, representative government, universal education and economic development are unimportant? Undesirable?
 
don't you just love these troll threads...It certainly flushes them out....
 
The Fool said:

so you disagree? Or agree? You are the one that is proposing that some cultures are more evolved than others... but does that proposition get a bit uncomfortable if it gets closer to home? Are Americans a more evolved culture than Canadians?

Eventually you may see the absurdity of your comparative cultural evolution garbage...but I'm not holding my breath.

I named my criteria. They are close to what any reasonable person would use to identify an advanced or evolved culture... which is probably why you don't get it.

Please address my challenge or piss off, but do not put words in my mouth. The only one spewing garbage here is you, Fool.
 
Mycroft said:


We must be looking at different ships.

You didn't answer his question:

Do you think social evolutions like women’s rights, representative government, universal education and economic development are unimportant? Undesirable?

Did you notice Jocko having a go at any of my questions?

They are both important and desirable in my opinion. How may these be used to judge if a culture is more evolved?... If they are valid indicators of "evolution" why do some people seem to foam at the mouth if I ask them to apply these very valid measures to anyone but muslims?
 
The Fool said:


Did you notice Jocko having a go at any of my questions?

They are both important and desirable in my opinion. How may these be used to judge if a culture is more evolved?... If they are valid indicators of "evolution" why do some people seem to foam at the mouth if I ask them to apply these very valid measures to anyone but muslims?

I asked you first, Fool. Your response, generously characterized as limp, shows how little you grasp of it.

Again, the thread's subject is muslim culture. If you want to play your fantasy football version of America vs. Britain, America vs. Canada, etc. ad nauseam then I recommend you start your own thread regarding those issues.

Since you have validated these criteria, in your own mealy-mouthed way, is it not safe to say that these phenomena (since you are so clearly uncomfortable with the term "evolution") would reflect well upon muslim nations, should they be introduced?

Edited to ask: Fool, who "foamed" at your attempt to mischaracterize the arguments at hand? Not that it would be undue, but I'm curious what counts as "foaming" on planet Fool.
 
Jocko said:


Please address my challenge or piss off, but do not put words in my mouth. The only one spewing garbage here is you, Fool.
I'm not the one that arrived with the half ass theory that different cultures are more or less evolved... As soon as I ask you to apply jocko's law to other examples it falls apart like a card house.... I think it needs more work before you consider publishing. As a general rule it plainly sucks... But ,of course, its not just a rule you apply exclusively to muslims..you could apply it to others if you really really wanted to...you just don't want to.
 
The Fool said:

I'm not the one that arrived with the half ass theory that different cultures are more or less evolved... As soon as I ask you to apply jocko's law to other examples it falls apart like a card house.... I think it needs more work before you consider publishing. As a general rule it plainly sucks... But ,of course, its not just a rule you apply exclusively to muslims..you could apply it to others if you really really wanted to...you just don't want to.

Again, for the umpteenth time, the thread is about muslim culture. The title may have tipped you off, in its subtle way.

Start your own thread if you want to set the terms of the debate. If you do, you may want to consider a more careful analysis than "it sucks."
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom