Sure. But if we found a rabbit and elephant and a human I think people would start to get concerned.
About the theory of evolution? Honestly, I doubt it.
Let's imagine the scenario in realistic terms - the scientific community learns through a conference of a journal report of human-like skeletons being found in a layer of rock that is dated as the Cambrian. I can all but completely guarantee that this would be weighed against the data that would state such a thing is impossible and it would be dismissed as an anomaly at best, or ignored as a hoax at worst. It might happen another few times, and unless a new theory taking this anomaly into account was proposed, it would remain an anomaly. Different people would have their opinions on it, and over a generation or two science might slide onto a new theory that is an adjustment on evolution.
In other words, the reality is that the theory would not spontaneously be abandoned because of a single observation, because theories take into account so much information. It's nice to think that this might be the case in principle, but science just doesn't work that way.
Special relativity? I fail to see how this could be.
As I said, I can't argue that one from an informed position. I recall being presented the argument once that it was similar to evolution in that there was no single observation that could be made which would (or would have on its acceptance) rendered it an unsuitable explanation.
But the claim that all metals have a melting point isn't a theory I wouldn't say, its a deduction from observation. We can then use this deduction to construct a theory that explains this result.
Ah, I see your point. I guess I see more to science than just theories. To say it isn't science if it isn't a theory, again, seems like a useless categorisation. Even if it was an agreed definition, there is no particular point at which a hypothesis magically turns into a theory. It's a gradual slide over time (some ideas progress faster than others).
I agree that modern physics research isnt entirely about falsification. But it does play a big role. Just look at the number of experiments that are trying to "break" SR or GR or the Standard Model or QED.
Absolutely no argument. Falsification is a wonderful tool for pragmatically finding ideas that can be dealt with empirically. My point isn't that it is useless, but rather that people have tried before to define the borders of science using this tool, and failed.
There's only limited hours in a day and I prefer to spend my time learning the physics rather than learning about people who talk about physics

.
Heh.
I admit, I have a taste for learning about the history of scientists as much as I do science itself. But let me put it this way - it would be as if I had pushed on discussing special relativity from a theoretical point of view (which I am admittedly weaker on than I assume you would be) and stated I had no wish to actually learn why it was developed and what has been said on it before. I'm sure you might find it odd.
Nonetheless, I'm glad we resolved this and both learned some new things from it.
Athon