• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

UCLA Student Group Takes Down Kirk Cameron

"I probably have never read what you wrote." Hahaha.

What the hell is 'Darwinism'? I thought he was supposed to be talking about evolution. :p

"I love science," says the Cameron. Really? Does he really believe that he loves science? I love the fact that this girl has to explain to him how science works, and cross field verification (multiple branches of evidence) is used. They were actually very respectful. The last question there, "give me evidence besides the Bible that disproves evolution," really says it all.

That's great.
 
One thing I find really dishonest about Kirk’s statements and arguments (apart from all of them) is his claim

“I used to be -- used to be an atheist, and studied evolution, and the Darwinian, the Neo-Darwinian [unintelligible], “

When was this exactly? When did you actually read Origin of species, or any of the literature on the subject that presents the current views, when did you dig fossils and study them?
You were schooled on set, how much exposure to Darwin did an on set tutor provide, you probably heard the word Darwin and the word evolution, this makes you an atheist and an evolutionist, how?
His bio claims he became an evangelical by the time he was 18, so when did this Kirk Cameron the Darwinist exist?
 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/24/kirk-cameron-confronted-o_n_368767.html

Yeah, they're famous. And yes, she is really that awesome in person. I'm so super psyched for them.

And some more on it: http://bruinskeptics.org/
The problem with this is that the starry eyed believers will think Cameron won. When you're a die hard Creationists nothing including logic, reason or evidence will convince them to change or even alter their beliefs. They sit pat on the bible and when I meet a person like that I'll discuss the weather but not evolution.

I frustrate easily. If you think I'm kidding look at some of the anti evolution arguments on this website. http://www.network54.com/Forum/646574/message/1259169699/JVH
 
Last edited:
But do they all, like Kirk, correctly insert Dog's Perfectly Designed Fruit (TM) where it is perfectly designed for?
 
"I probably have never read what you wrote." Hahaha.

What the hell is 'Darwinism'? I thought he was supposed to be talking about evolution. :p

"I love science," says the Cameron. Really? Does he really believe that he loves science? I love the fact that this girl has to explain to him how science works, and cross field verification (multiple branches of evidence) is used. They were actually very respectful. The last question there, "give me evidence besides the Bible that disproves evolution," really says it all.

That's great.

Well, he considers Intelligent Design to be "science," right, so to the extent that he understands science (i.e., not at all), yes, he loves science.
 
But do they all, like Kirk, correctly insert Dog's Perfectly Designed Fruit (TM) where it is perfectly designed for?

Huh? I got the reference to the banana, but what does that have to do with a dog or Cameron?
 
Huh? I got the reference to the banana, but what does that have to do with a dog or Cameron?

Hunt up Kirk Cameron and banana on YouTube - he and another nut job prove evolution can't be true because god (his specific one) created the banana which is perfectly produced and packaged for human consumption (he doesn't know about the cloning thing apparently and what "god's" bananas were like before man fixed them). Some of us casually suggested that he and his preacher friend might actually be happier with the other use god clearly designed the banana for - assuming what was designed for one end must have clearly been designed by a "loving" god for any clear use for it. So...........

Those of us not religious (like me) get less friendly when addressing clear nut cases like Cameron so instead of just using a lower case g to place an Xtian god with any other available one (Zeus, Dagon, the FSM,) we reverse the lettering as a bit of an extra dig. When conversing with good (known to be ) people who happen to be xtian I will sometimes capitalize. Unknown, I use little g. (ergo, God, god, dog as appropriate).
 
LA, give that girl a big wet one from the Godofpie! Kuddos!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom