• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Sydney Opera House Architect's Son is a Truther

gtc

Philosopher
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
7,110
The Sydney Morning Herald is giving the truthers a fair bit of coverage today after the son of the architect who designed the Sydney Opera House came out as a truther.

This is a fairly sympathetic article, but there is also an article that demolishes the claims about WTC7. I believe this constitutes 'balance'.

The background to this is that the man who designed the Sydney Opera House way back in the 1960s felt badly done to by the way him and his design was treated. This fed into the belief amongst the more internationally focussed and cultural types (i.e. wankers) down under that Australians are all philistines who don't appreciate the arts. A quote from the wikipedia article sums that view up nicely:

the triumph of homegrown mediocrity over foreign genius

Fast forward forty years and his son is now a minor public figure in Australia as an architect in his own right, although he is more famous for campaigning for what he sees as his father's due recognition for designing the Opera House and as an advisor to the Opera House. This seems to have fueled a paranoia about governments and the media going by what he says in the articles I linked.

He is also now a truther. The argument they will mount is that because he is an architect he knows what he is talking about. However, he is not an expert on 9/11:

Mr Utzon said he had become interested in exploring theories about the attacks after staying at a Manly hotel whose owner introduced him to some websites. The hotel owner encouraged him to sign Mr Gage's online petition, which he did. However, he had not read any of the official reports and therefore did not regard himself as well informed.

I don't think the truth movement will get any real traction out of this, it will probably damage Jan's reputation and it may embolden the one or two truthers in academia down under.
 
Vice President of US Steel's 1st cousins german sheppard is a truther.

TAM;)
 
Your OP, you linked to the second article, and you're telling me you can't see a glaring error?

Yes I did link to it and no, I can't see a glaring error.

If you think I have missed something then please spell it out.
 
The latter is riddled with errors. Can you spot the most obvious ones?

That the reporter didn't mention your work that refutes the NIST findings?

Oh wait, you haven't refuted the NIST findings have you Red?
 
He is also now a truther. The argument they will mount is that because he is an architect he knows what he is talking about. However, he is not an expert on 9/11:
Yeah I was quite disappointed to hear about this... I once said a few months ago that it didn't matter if they got Le Corbusier, Frank Lloyd Wright, Frank Ghery, Zahadid, Steven Holl or any of the other famous architects on their side. If the claims they support are ludicrous their famous stature would still play no part in my decision to not support such a blatantly incompetent movement. I guess this is one of those times where my statement can be applied...

I'm a fan of his father's work, but I simply cannot support his views.

ETA:
However, he had not read any of the official reports and therefore did not regard himself as well informed.

An Opera House spokeswoman said Mr Utzon was ''entitled to his personal views outside of his professional work as architectural adviser to Sydney Opera House''.

Everything I said above still applies but my final opinion of Utzon is still iffy. And the last phrase pretty much sums up my opinion otherwise.
 
Last edited:
ignorant spawn of opera house architects south of the equator for truth.

perhaps the twoof movement hopes to get their point across by using every logical fallacy in the book. Since they have nothing else. Just how many "(insert your argument from false authority here) for truth" are their now?
 
Last edited:
I don't understand why Richard Gage is going around the world to get a "new investigation". It's meaningless!

Is it because the Truthers give him money to do it or is he truely suckering them out of their money?

With all the money he gets, why can't he just put it somewhere to have money for his lame "new investigation"?

His efforts are pointless!
 
I think a really good way they could get publicity for thier cause would be to create some kind of psy-op on the MSM,prehaps an open letter to president obama calling for a


Oh wait...:rolleyes:

I think this is where he kinda went wrong [my bolding];
Mr Utzon said he had become interested in exploring theories about the attacks after staying at a Manly hotel whose owner introduced him to some websites. The hotel owner encouraged him to sign Mr Gage's online petition, which he did. However, he had not read any of the official reports and therefore did not regard himself as well informed.

Wouldnt going to the press about something you are uninformed about be pretty pointless,and just a setup for a big fail?
 
I think a really good way they could get publicity for thier cause would be to create some kind of psy-op on the MSM,prehaps an open letter to president obama calling for a


Oh wait...:rolleyes:

I think this is where he kinda went wrong [my bolding];


Wouldnt going to the press about something you are uninformed about be pretty pointless,and just a setup for a big fail?

What? Truthers fail? Never!
 
I have respect for Rick Fenley of the Sydney Morning Herald.

He has gone toe to toe with the truthers who have responded to his article in today's paper.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom