ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2006
- Messages
- 54,796
Sure.
lmfao, phallic fruit...this thread had totally gone to the dogs.
Hey leave bestaility out of it, we have enough to argue about.
Sure.
lmfao, phallic fruit...this thread had totally gone to the dogs.
The onus is on you to not make these mistakes. Especially if you're going to start with the name calling. You wouldn't have made "an honest mistake" if you took the time to think before you typed. It's not that hard. Back up your ramblings or get called on them. You have yet to retract them, only make excuses for making them. Pretty lame.
Did you, or did you not, say "a majority of males find the thought repulsive." ?
Did you, or did you not, say "Trying to change people's attitude towards homosexuality isn't going to begin with telling people it's a perfectly normal and acceptable practice to engage in anal sex"?
Did you, or did you not say "the anus is not the proper place to be putting a penis. Fact.", and, ""the thought of anyone doing it makes me physically ill"?
Have you forgotten that anyone can go back over this thread and see what you've written in your own words?![]()
How does an evolutionary is imply a moral ought? Do vaginas secrete lubrication solely for the insertion of penises? On what basis do sheer weight of numbers inform social norms? You've not addressed any of these questions.
Because, as I've explained on numerous occasions, your projecting your disgust onto the acts of other people renders your statement a moral one.
Your whole argument (and, might I say, your use of "LMFAO") suggests a juvenile, puerile approach to this topic. Your objections haven't risen beyond the level of the playground. "Bums! GROSS!"
I think it's weird how whenever homosexuality is debated on forums like this, it's almost always a bunch of straight dudes discussing anal sex.
Yes, but you've attributed it to me. I was saying I think you would find a much more negative response in many males.
There is an area between acceptable and unacceptable. This is where I've been all along. This is what I've been saying. Why can't you see that? My God man, have you not been listening to anything? Just because I don't find it "perfectly normal and acceptable" doesn't mean I have to find it "unacceptable". I don't like being made to make these choices and it seems like I have to. Numerous times I've said I find homosexuality acceptable, it's that final defining act I'm not comfortable with. Why should I throw out the entire practice based on what I find uncomfortable? Do you know how many people I talk to that think it's wrong soley based on buggery? As if that is the only defining thing.
What? You didn't understand the rape reference, did you? At all? I'll come back to it...Well I may have, I'll have to go and look back. I may have overstated it at some point today. If I did, I will retract that. Unless it was in reference to me, I'm not really keen on being raped.
Not at all. You have summarily failed to explain what you mean by "normal", "proper" and "acceptable" save for laying out certain acts you feel fit into these categories. You have then, realising your error, gone on to reject other acts which fulfil the very criteria you yourself established as definitional for the terms.I did, you overlooked the defintion I sought out and asked you about. That's your shortcoming.
No. I asked you what "proper" meant. You said vaginal sex was "proper" because the vagina becomes lubricated for penile insertion. If "promotes lubrication" is really your definition for "proper", then you will need to accept into the category of "proper" the insertion of a great deal more than penises.Cherry picking. You've failed to consider the discussion an instead focussed on two things. The proper orfice to insert a penis into is a vagina.
There are physical responses in the vagina that facilitate then insertion of cucumbers. Ergo, ease of penetration cannot be your defining category for "properness" if you want to include penile but exclude cucumber penetration. See? You're making a gross error and falling into the naturalistic fallacy. You're trying (and failing , might I add) to derive an ought from an is.The rectum is an alternative not physically equipped to deal with said insertion properly. There are physical responses in a vagina that facilitate the insertion of the penis that are not present in the rectum.
All those people you don't think are proper, acceptable or normal? All those people whose private lives you said made you "physically ill"?Who did I judge negatively?
Do you tell your "friends", to their faces, that you find what they do in bed revolting? That they are deviant, not normal, and improper?Let him stand forward and cast the first stone. I have several friends who would bitch slap you for saying this about me without knowing me. I've had this conversation with a few friends. They've either said "Don't knock it till you tried it" or "If you don't like it then don't do it". Never been called bigot. Well, except by people that only think they know me.
Strawman. I've never called anyone repulsive. Some of the most endearing people I've ever met have been and continue to be gay.
And there is the whole problem of why include oral sex but not anal. Anal sex is certainly more sexualy stimulating to the recieving partner.
It also produices good arguments against oral sex, and that most women should not have orgasms as they can not achive it though penile penetration alone.
Yes, but you've attributed it to me. I was saying I think you would find a much more negative response in many males.
There is an area between acceptable and unacceptable. This is where I've been all along. This is what I've been saying. Why can't you see that? My God man, have you not been listening to anything? Just because I don't find it "perfectly normal and acceptable" doesn't mean I have to find it "unacceptable". I don't like being made to make these choices and it seems like I have to. Numerous times I've said I find homosexuality acceptable, it's that final defining act I'm not comfortable with. Why should I throw out the entire practice based on what I find uncomfortable? Do you know how many people I talk to that think it's wrong soley based on buggery? As if that is the only defining thing.
So now oral sex is deviant sexuality. This is your problem, you are not using any kind of rational consistent set of criteria to justify why you think anal sex is so taboo.Cherry picking. You've failed to consider the discussion an instead focussed on two things. The proper orfice to insert a penis into is a vagina.
The rectum is an alternative not physically equipped to deal with said insertion properly. There are physical responses in a vagina that facilitate the insertion of the penis that are not present in the rectum. The rectums function is not the same as the vagina.
This is bloody basic anatomy. No amount of handwaving or tropical fruit is going to change that.
Who did I judge negatively?
Let him stand forward and cast the first stone. I have several friends who would bitch slap you for saying this about me without knowing me.
I've had this conversation with a few friends. They've either said "Don't knock it till you tried it" or "If you don't like it then don't do it". Never been called bigot. Well, except by people that only think they know me.
Strawman. I've never called anyone repulsive. Some of the most endearing people I've ever met have been and continue to be gay.
It's funny, but most of the gay friends I've had get that I don't get it. I've never had anyone care. I've had the gross out competition. You say one thing they say another. They've been equally uncomfortable with the thought of vaginal sex as I have with anal. Possibly even more so.
Oh, I missed that...
"The proper orfice to insert a penis into is a vagina"
Didn't you just tell us that blowjobs were OK, 3BP??
Which of course is not true, at least in america with respect to women being penetrated analy. If it was repulsive it would not be something most people experiment with.
Which is actualy kind of funny, as he was the one to tie homosexuality to anal sex in this thread to start with.
It is also too late for him to change most of them.
It also produices good arguments against oral sex, and that most women should not have orgasms as they can not achive it though penile penetration alone. But as it is not building a rational arguement but rationalizing his preconcieved notions I don't expect him to acknolwedge this.
And he is using soceital standards and hence morality to support his declaration of sexual deviancy(perversion)
And any examination of modern porn shows that most american men have no problem with women being analy penetrated. So this is his own sexual deviancy(by his own definitions).
I've never seen someone fail at logic like this.
Oral sex does not change anatomy. Are you confused about the word "proper"? Do you feel slightled because this implies everywhere but the vagina is "improper" and hence negative or dirty? I don't get this, it's a simple matter of anatomy. Nothing more and nothing less.
So because there are more unfairly biased people than you we should ignore your unfair bias?
I've never seen someone fail at logic like this. Oral sex does not change anatomy.
Are you confused about the word "proper"?
I don't get this, it's a simple matter of anatomy. Nothing more and nothing less.
To summarise: You said "the vagina is the proper place for the penis", as a justification for your disdain towards anal sex. Your purported discomfort towards the very notion of other people having sex you don't like is because said practices are not evolutionarily or anatomically "proper".
And if it were normal people wouldn't be experimenting with it, they'd be doing it.
Yes you long for the days where you could force people into aversion thearpy to cure their deviant behavior.No, I tied it in with deviant behaviour.
Why would I change anything?
Then I won't.
Yes, all societal values are based on morals.![]()
How do you study porn and know what people are thinking? I think 85% of your statistics are made up.
If you could actually show this were the case, and that a large percentage of people were engaging in anal sex on a regular basis it woould indeed be a societal norm. In that case I would stand corrected.
If you're going to base what is normal by studying internet porn...
You've made this a libelous statement by attaching that link. You may consider my thinking biased, but to link it with a prejudiced jerk that acted upon them and attacked somebody?
No, I said the rectum wasn't the best place, give all the options. I was asked why I had that crazy notion and I cited al the biological factors that make the vagina the "proper" place. Not the only place, but the place that was designed for it.
This has become tiresome. I'm not comfortable with it, I never will be. I just don't understand it. It has never affected how I treat people, nor will it ever.
It's your preconcieved notions projected onto me that have led you to this very erroneous evaluation of who I am and what I think.
It's one small part of homosexuality. Unfortunately conversation gets steered this way every time it gets mentioned. When it does, there is an underlying prejudice by people that in order to accept homosexuals you need to accept anal sex as a normal part of human sexuality. You and a few others have demonstrated this over and over again. My "hang-ups" or someone elses "hang-ups" shouldn't affect how I or other people carry on their lives. It is however an unfortunate part of having to define oneself by their sexuality.
I made it clear that under no uncertain terms do I consider gays as deviants, I merely objected to the practice being thrust in my face as "normal".
You are calling people sexual deviants, which is the very definition of the word pervert. Everything you have said here fits with the position that you are a polite and eduacated homophobe. You are presenting the same arguments that they do, in the same fashion.
It seems you are trying to avoid the reality of the position you are advocating here. This is what you are saying, listen to yourself.
No, I said the rectum wasn't the best place, give all the options. I was asked why I had that crazy notion and I cited al the biological factors that make the vagina the "proper" place. Not the only place, but the place that was designed for it.
This has become tiresome. I'm not comfortable with it, I never will be. I just don't understand it. It has never affected how I treat people, nor will it ever.
It's your preconcieved notions projected onto me that have led you to this very erroneous evaluation of who I am and what I think.
It's one small part of homosexuality. Unfortunately conversation gets steered this way every time it gets mentioned. When it does, there is an underlying prejudice by people that in order to accept homosexuals you need to accept anal sex as a normal part of human sexuality.