Bill Thompson
Banned
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2006
- Messages
- 6,171
Something you just googled? Come on, give me a break.Excuse me, what? I got my information from the military report commissioned in 1965, which interviewed many of the people directly involved in the decision making process, and which was signed off on by several Generals.
You got your information, by your own admission, at least 3 decades out of date, what, fifth hand?
Besides, what are you saying. The military conducted a different test than the one I am saying they conducted. They used a different study then the one I am saying?
The fact remains that they had to be shown that it would work before changed.
That's just laughable. OF COURSE primary source military reports are more reliable than 5th hand information 3 decades out of date. Are we on a skeptic forum or Homeopaths-R-US?
A hominem argument again. People called me gay when I supported gay marrage. Can you raise above the childish name-calling or is that asking too much?
Instead of cherry picking the indivicual parts of my list that you feel you can attack better, lets move on.
You did not address other reasons that have more weight like
#18 It Would Be A Gift to Our Enemies. The final reason (for now – I will add more as I think of them) is that allowing open gays in the military would be a gift and a great recruitment tool for our radical Islamic enemies. In war, we are supposed to all be willing to make sacrifices. Banning Gays from serving in the military can be one of these sacrifices. It is not unreasonable. The military does its best to make sure that porn is not taken to or delivered to service men and women in muslim countries. The military also does its best to make sure that alcohol is not shipped to or delivered to muslim countries we are stationed in as well. We do our best to adjust. If we are willing to sacrifce by taking something away, we can more easily adjust by refusing to add something to the equasion.