Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Apr 10, 2007
- Messages
- 11,691
Or maybe Obama considers gays to be a bunch of freaks who's humanity is at the bottom of his list of priorities.
No.
Or maybe Obama considers gays to be a bunch of freaks who's humanity is at the bottom of his list of priorities.
For a start, the girl was 16.
What do you think 'pedophilia' means?
What don't you get about that I am referring to the 1958 case that the Justice Department mentioned in the briefing? If you have specific information about this case, please present it.
What about the marriage of a 16-year-old has anything to do with pedophilia? You clearly think I'm missing something, why don't you put me out of my misery and tell me?
That is incorrect. That law you cite is not universal.I'm not talking about the marriage of a 16-year old to an adult in general. I'm talking about the case mentioned in the Obama brief, Wilkins v. Zelichowski (1958).
A pedophile has a sexual attraction to a child. If you don't think that a 16-year old is a child, well than that's you're opinion. The law however considers those under 18 children.
So has he actually done anything yet or was this announcement just an empty attempt to settle down some of the "ain't done nothin'" criticism?
Just curious - Why was a Second Class Petty Officer, in initial training ?
Are you asserting that soldiers are "macho-dicks; rednecks; hicks, and rapists", or am I trying to hard to make sense out of what seems to be raving babble?
Well then, welcome to my "people who shouldn't be conversed with seriously" file.
The case where in one state it was legal to marry at 16? Yes, I know. At the same time, in other states, it was legal to marry your 13 year-old cousin (c.f. Jerry Lee Lewis). None of which has any bearing on the fact that you are repeating the mistakes, or perhaps deliberately inflammatory exaggerations, made by John Aravosis. For a saner view, see this blog, where it's pointed out that the same case was quoted by a LBGT lobby group in support of their argument. Page 57:I'm not talking about the marriage of a 16-year old to an adult in general. I'm talking about the case mentioned in the Obama brief, Wilkins v. Zelichowski (1958).
Lamda Legal said:Conventional choice of law and comity principles are routinely applied in every state to address non-uniformity in many aspects of domestic relations laws, including disparities among states in the requirements for marriages or their dissolution. See, e.g., Wilkins v. Zelichowski, 26 N.J. 370, 377-78 (1958). These familiar legal tools, not the deprivation of the constitutional rights of a minority, offer the answer to any purported concern about uniformity with other states.
More specifically, pedophilia is usually sexual attraction to a prepubescent child. Pedophilia is not a synonym for having sex with someone under the local age of consent.A pedophile has a sexual attraction to a child.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.If you don't think that a 16-year old is a child, well than that's you're opinion. The law however considers those under 18 children.
Is it me or is Alt-F4 being symbolic of some peoples reaction to Obama. He never stated he was for gay marriage, they assumed he was. Now his administration cites a legal basis for excluding gay marriages from being recognised in other states, and they feel betrayed because he isn't supporting a position that he never supported to begin with.
It seems that some are repeatedly trying to read what they want into what he and his administration says, and not listening to what they are saying.
What does that mean, she's "symbolic" of some people's reaction to Obama? Obama never said he was for gay marriage, and I expect Alt-F4 knows that. What Obama did say was that he was for the repeal of DOMA. And for him to then turn around and defend DOMA, well, it does feel like a broken promise or a betrayal, yes.
I'm not talking about the marriage of a 16-year old to an adult in general. I'm talking about the case mentioned in the Obama brief, Wilkins v. Zelichowski (1958).
A pedophile has a sexual attraction to a child. If you don't think that a 16-year old is a child, well than that's you're opinion. The law however considers those under 18 children.
You are correct about that.
Being as the main occupation of internet writers, as well as most good folks, is to protect themselves; to maintain their present state.
To converse with me, seriously, will necessarily challenge your angle.
I can't help it. Its what I do.