So it's OK to rape a child so long as you pay her for it and she then keeps quiet?
Not at all. I thought it had already been tried and settled in court. Evidently not.
So it's OK to rape a child so long as you pay her for it and she then keeps quiet?
Not at all. I thought it had already been tried and settled in court. Evidently not.
Not at all. I thought it had already been tried and settled in court. Evidently not.
Polanski reached a deal with prosecutors in which he pleaded guilty to a count of unlawful sex with a minor and prosecutors agreed not to pursue rape, sodomy and other charges . A judge ordered Polanski to spend 42 days in state prison for pre-sentencing "diagnostic testing." Polanski served the time and was released. But on the eve of his sentencing in 1978, he boarded a plane for Europe, never to return to the U.S.
I fully agree 100% with you. BUT on the other hand if really the judge & prosecutor MADE an agreement only to recant it afterward, they should be taken to task (if still alive) and the original agreement upheld.
I'm glad he's been arrested, i found the whole oscar award for The Pianist (and of course his continued career as a director) pretty distasteful. I don't understand why he was granted immunity from extradition to America, conviction of sex with a 13 year old girl should be taken seriously enough to grant extradition IMHO. Being a bit before my time, does anyone know why France took him in after he fled from custody? Was it just because he is a talented film maker?
I wonder if he'd care to return to Poland? I saw a headline on Yahoo News that Poland just okayed forcible chemical castration for pedophiles.
We all know that he did ****, but not rape, a 13-year old when he was 44. But the story took place more than 30 years ago. Plus the judge game, thanks to Anglo-Saxon system: case dismissed, then not dismissed.
If the US starts witch hunting, they really can`t stop.
Bobby Fischer II saga.
Edited by Locknar:Breach of Rule 10 removed; please do not attempt to avoid the autocensor.
Thats what Michael jackson did.So it's OK to rape a child so long as you pay her for it and she then keeps quiet?
Plus the judge game, thanks to Anglo-Saxon system: case dismissed, then not dismissed.
We all know that he did ****, but not rape, a 13-year old when he was 44.
But the story took place more than 30 years ago.
Plus the judge game, thanks to Anglo-Saxon system: case dismissed, then not dismissed.
If the US starts witch hunting, they really can`t stop.
Bobby Fischer II saga.
So it's OK to rape a child so long as you pay her for it and she then keeps quiet?
Absolutely ridiculous arresting Polanski for this after 32 years.
Good grief.
Laws in the U.S. on this are totally ludicrous anyway, and not based upon research. The woman involved has said she doesn't want him to serve time, and I doubt there was any great harm done here.
With all of the criminals running rampant, some prosecutor arrests a guy for what sounded like consensual sex, 32 years ago? Some kind of statute of limitations has to apply somehow to this. If not it should. Please, this prosecutor must be some kind of moron.
I have a very strong feeling that Polanski will be free before long, and he should be. Watch and see. Not all justice systems are as stupid as the U.S.
Geeezzzzz.