Thanks Zeuzzz!
realitycheck, I just realized where the following critique of yours comes from:
EC states that cometary jets are caused by electrical thingies (no one has any idea what so they just list anything at all) but the required voltages are not there.
Voltage potentials are many orders of magnitude too small.
Came from this statement by me:
Take into consideration that just cloud to ground voltage potential in a thunderstorm is on the order of 109V and the fact that the voltage potential a comet experiences, would be orders of magnitude higher.
I don't have time to cull through my previous comments, but I'm sure I've mentioned that the DL's dissipate some of the voltage potential between the solar plasma stream and the comet nucleus. The 50,000 v that was measured inside the coma is more than enough to drive a glow discharge on the surface.
Also, regarding thermal hotspots. Please refer to my comments, and/or discharge citations, regarding the
cold cathode, as well as the various types of EDM and the entire range of electric discharge modes that EDM incorporates. You're totally stuck on the simplistic, laypersons understanding of EDM as "sparks and arcs", which is only one type of EDM, as I have cited previously, albeit the most well known.
Actually, this article about the
"murkier part of the story" of Moon water, that realitycheck linked, helps prove my case that it's the chemical reaction with the solar plasma stream H
+ protons and the silicate material on the surface (remember stardust mission brought lots of silicate flakes back in it's aerogel) that produces water, via electro-chemical reaction chains. I even used Mercury to make my case and the author of the aforementioned article even mentions that. To wit:
Jessica advanced a different explanation for how you get water on the Moon: she suggested that water might be continuously generated on the lunar surface when solar wind protons bombard mineral grains. Lunar minerals contain lots of oxygen; it's one of the most abundant elements on the Moon. Solar wind protons can make water by reacting with those minerals. This is not at all a new idea; it's been around for a very long time.
But if there's a process operating on the airless Moon, producing detectable amounts of water every lunar day, that's important, because, as Jessica said, "We should see the same effects on any oxygen-rich body with no atmosphere. This includes Mercury as well as asteroids."
Now where have I heard something like that before?
As stardust mission demonstrates, there are abundant, oxygen bearing, crystallized silicates on at least one comet.
I've also talked about mineral salts, specifically sodium, being involved in this reaction and we have a sodium ion tail detected from Mercury and the Moon with a thin sodium
and potassium "atmosphere".
Why would a comets water production be so much more prolific than the Moon or Mercury?
Because the DL of the outer cometosheath acts as a funnel, which focuses the solar plasma stream striking the entire surface area of at least the bowshock region, onto the comets nucleus. This provides 8 or 9, at least, orders of magnitude more H atoms available to produce water. There are also likely other water producing reactions taking place, as I've mentioned previously, directly related to electric discharge.
The mineral salts in the reactions on comets are rebonded to the silicates due to the EM environment, whereas on the Moon and Mercury they are able to escape as free ions.
I've been describing this kind of reaction, some of you all argued against it, now we have very likely confirmation that this is actually happening.
But I don't expect any acknowledgement from ya'll.
BTW, here's an excerpt from another
forum where I accurately predicted direct evidence of lunar water content, regarding LCROSS mission, at <0.1%...which is what they've determined to be the upper limit of water content, 0.1%.
Based on my idea of water being produced by a chemical reaction and the available hydrogen in the solar plasma stream.
I had made a typo in a previous comment, it came out <10%, but I caught it and corrected it to the intended 0.1 , six days before this new announcement from NASA.
by solrey on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm
They will detect >50% OH, however direct evidence for H2O should amount to <10%.
Oops, that should be direct evidence for H2O will be <0.1%
Unfortunately I've got my mind on lots of other stuff right now so mistakes and/or oversights happen in my comments sometimes. One oversight was to not go into the detail I have here on the chemical reactions, the why's and wherefor's, for my thoughts on lunar water content. Because of that, it might not be as valid for some. But I'd say my ideas on this are turning out to be pretty spot on.
