• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Woo at the poker table

That sounds awfully low, what is your criteria for a professional? For me it is someone who can earn their living (rent + food + little to spare) playing only poker.

similar definition, only my "little to spare" would be a "lot to spare", even so that probably is a low estimate.

Btw. I'm strictly a recreational player (balance heavily on fun rather than income), but would like to step up my cash game. So far (3-4 years) I've been playing only by feel. What are the first important things you think I should look into?

i) start reading forums like those on two plus two (the publishers of that book you mentionned.)

ii) focus on the sections that are specifically to do with the game you are playing

iii) Hook up with posters there that know what they are talking about and exchange notes with them via PMs emails and stuff.

iv) spend at least as much time studying your own play and that of you opponents as you do playing

v) Get a subscription to one of the various poker training sites thats geared toward your level of play.

If you enjoy the game and want to take it further I think it makes sense to invest a little time and money into a solid education, and also to invest a reasonable sum in a suitable starting bankroll.

Set a stoploss and say that I will start with $x and if I lose it all I'll just go back to recreational play. It's also very easy to just be a mediocre breakeven player, and while one can make a "living" of sorts out of just breaking even and making money from bonuses offered by casinos and rakeback deals and the like, it's mind numbing.
 
If you are looking for a way to make money like this, there are actually programs that can play for you. There is an added benefit to using them. They track other players habits and use them either against them, or to move tables (yes, the program moves you to another table automatically)

Get caught using any "bots" and you'll get banned from poker sites and your funds with that site confiscated, at least all of the major ones.

As far as I know there are so far no NL bot programs available for purchase that are actually long term winners.

All of the sites offering such programs are scams.

If you had a poker bot that won $'s would YOU sell it on some website for $100 a go? Or would you keep it to yourself and make a killing?
 
Learn the percentages and how to keep track of cards.That will help you at poker a lot more then any positive thinking garbage.
 
Well, IIRC B-complex will reduce oxidative stress and therefore reduce chances of developing cancer in the first place. I don't know what to say about pH imbalance, other than that it could probably contribute to cancer developing in the first place. As a cure, however, I believe he'd find both rather lacking.

Blood pH being off-kilter is not a long-term risk, but rather an emergent one, that is likely to do great and immediate harm right away. This is part of why all these "change your pH" scams are such rank nonsense.
 
Blood pH being off-kilter is not a long-term risk, but rather an emergent one, that is likely to do great and immediate harm right away. This is part of why all these "change your pH" scams are such rank nonsense.

Aha, it's even worse, then. :)

McHrozni
 
There are hundreds of professional poker players.
That sounds awfully low, what is your criteria for a professional? For me it is someone who can earn their living (rent + food + little to spare) playing only poker.
similar definition, only my "little to spare" would be a "lot to spare", even so that probably is a low estimate.
Point of order guys. "Hundreds" can be anything from 200 to infinity, and cannot, therefore, properly be considered a low estimate. Shame on you Ambrosia for not only defending your position but agreeing with Kuko. No wonder neither of you are poker pros! ;)
 
Point of order guys. "Hundreds" can be anything from 200 to infinity, and cannot, therefore, properly be considered a low estimate. Shame on you Ambrosia for not only defending your position but agreeing with Kuko. No wonder neither of you are poker pros! ;)


Kudos to you for spotting my eloquent trap! I'm gonna have to be extra careful if I ever get in the same table with you :scared:
 
Kudos to you for spotting my eloquent trap! I'm gonna have to be extra careful if I ever get in the same table with you :scared:
Well, if my Government hadn't put a recent censorship on gambling websites (or if I can circumvent it - any ideas?!) we could do that right away. Party Poker's my preference (play money tables - of course!). ;)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom