• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Message from a Truther

I just noticed this......

AE and Griz.

No he certainly could be an engineer.
a sanitation engineer
a landscaping engineer

or maybe he is in higher company
an electrical engineer or
a software engineer.

You know... people who have NO qualifications, and NO understanding but hold on to the title of "engineer" in a death grip because they don't want to be called programmers/technicians.

IMHO.

I love the twoof strawmen he throws up (and they are easily PROVEN to be false).

so my bet is landscape engineer.

An electrical engineer isn't an engineer but is a programmer or a technician?

Huh? How is an electrical engineer not an engineer?
 
I just noticed this......



An electrical engineer isn't an engineer but is a programmer or a technician?

Huh? How is an electrical engineer not an engineer?

Newton.

I was not actively mocking electrical engineers. They go through a ******** of courses (I wanted to be an civil engineer, and in the basic engineering courses, electrical engineers were there with me in my 3 years of courses).

The main point I was trying to make is that if you are talking about eletrical engineering, that is VASTLY different than talking about civil, mechanical or structural engineering. And to conflate an electrical engineering degree to be able to discuss structural engineering is like comparing a podiatrist to a neurosurgeon. I know which one I'm going to if I have massive head trauma.

That was the intent of the reply. I was using it in a mocking fashion because over 1/2 of the AEtruth "engineers" are EE or software engineers, who are WAY out of their depth when even starting to discuss the towers or wtc7.

I ment no disrespect to any electrical engineers (beyond the twoofer ones).
 
That was the intent of the reply. I was using it in a mocking fashion because over 1/2 of the AEtruth "engineers" are EE or software engineers, who are WAY out of their depth when even starting to discuss the towers or wtc7.


Over half? I only see around 70 of them.
 
Newton.

I was not actively mocking electrical engineers. They go through a ******** of courses (I wanted to be an civil engineer, and in the basic engineering courses, electrical engineers were there with me in my 3 years of courses).

I was pretty sure you weren't....

The main point I was trying to make is that if you are talking about eletrical engineering, that is VASTLY different than talking about civil, mechanical or structural engineering. And to conflate an electrical engineering degree to be able to discuss structural engineering is like comparing a podiatrist to a neurosurgeon. I know which one I'm going to if I have massive head trauma.

Agreed.

That was the intent of the reply. I was using it in a mocking fashion because over 1/2 of the AEtruth "engineers" are EE or software engineers, who are WAY out of their depth when even starting to discuss the towers or wtc7.

I have no idea why they buy into that crap.....and yes they are WAY out of their depth. I agree 100%.

They do kind make other electrical engineers look bad by buying into the truther garbage...

I ment no disrespect to any electrical engineers (beyond the twoofer ones).

I thought that's what you were saying....and I agree.....
:)
 
Newton.

I can also only state it was late and I was tired when I wrote it, so I was being a bit snarky.

Now when I need electrical issues mapped out, circuitboards, transformers etc, I know that I will HAPPILY call my electrical engineering friends and I wont' call my structural engineering friends.

On the AETWOOF engineers and architects... I love that they had barney rubble, fred flintstone and george jetson all signed up as engineers who supported the twoof movement at one point.

What I also find very interesting is their list of 29 structural engineers who buy into the twoof woo... They have several structural engineers listed on their petition who have highrise experience who buy into the twoof movement. BUT NOT ONE OF THEM was in the 29 engineers listed... that by itself amazes me... so instead of having people with high rise experience, they have road constrution folks, ship engineers, an oil rig engineer, bridge builders.... go figure.
 
this is from a person who was running down the actual credentials of the ae911 twoof "architects and engineers"


Too bad there isn't any information about how the names were checked, or what the specific problem was. That spreadsheet is just a list of names.

Did this person actually do any real-world checking?
 
Too bad there isn't any information about how the names were checked, or what the specific problem was. That spreadsheet is just a list of names.

Did this person actually do any real-world checking?

probably a lot more than goes on on the AEtruth petition checking.. you know that bastion of academic integrity which signed up fred flintstone, george jetson and barney rubble. The same group which has signed up landscaping engineers, sanitation engineers and others (I wouldn't be surprised to find railroad engineers on it)

Feel free to double check the work if you disagree with it. I know that givent he choice of believing AEtwoof or someone else independently checking the credientials, I'll take the latter every time.
 
Newton.

I can also only state it was late and I was tired when I wrote it, so I was being a bit snarky.

Now when I need electrical issues mapped out, circuitboards, transformers etc, I know that I will HAPPILY call my electrical engineering friends and I wont' call my structural engineering friends.

Just remember....not all of us EE's are crazy ;)

On the AETWOOF engineers and architects... I love that they had barney rubble, fred flintstone and george jetson all signed up as engineers who supported the twoof movement at one point.

ROFL

Never heard that one before now....the more I learn about the TM the more disturbed I am....

What I also find very interesting is their list of 29 structural engineers who buy into the twoof woo... They have several structural engineers listed on their petition who have highrise experience who buy into the twoof movement. BUT NOT ONE OF THEM was in the 29 engineers listed... that by itself amazes me... so instead of having people with high rise experience, they have road constrution folks, ship engineers, an oil rig engineer, bridge builders.... go figure.

That is a bit odd....although at this point not much about the truthers surprises me....I just close my eyes and shake my head at them...
 
Feel free to double check the work if you disagree with it. I know that givent he choice of believing AEtwoof or someone else independently checking the credientials, I'll take the latter every time.


How can anyone double-check it? This person doesn't even describe the process used for determining which names were "bad".
 
deep, we are not going to play your game. YOU could easily do this yourself. YOU know how to use Google right? if a name is public, you can find their information.
 
deep, we are not going to play your game. YOU could easily do this yourself. YOU know how to use Google right? if a name is public, you can find their information.


I'm not the one claiming that half of their members are invalid (for reasons unknown). It's not a game - that spreadsheet is worthless.
 
Too bad there isn't any information about how the names were checked, or what the specific problem was. That spreadsheet is just a list of names.

Did this person actually do any real-world checking?


Um, that list is copy and pasted directly from the AE911Truth website. Go to their list of petitioners and count off the degreed and licensed architects and engineers yourself. There are less than 300.

I did note that they are counting EIT's as "licensed engineers", which will come as a shock to any state licensing board...
 
Um, that list is copy and pasted directly from the AE911Truth website. Go to their list of petitioners and count off the degreed and licensed architects and engineers yourself. There are less than 300.


Yes, I understand that. AE911T already distinguishes between "degreed" and "degreed & licensed" architects & engineers on their website.

The person who created the spreadsheet apparently used some other method for "validating" members, because he or she claims to have eliminated everyone except those with licenses and/or degrees. How was it done?
 
deep, I gave you how you can do a simple check. Its a neat little thing called Google. Dont know about it? They only make the most awesome search engine in the world

a 6 year old can figure this out
 
Yes, I understand that. AE911T already distinguishes between "degreed" and "degreed & licensed" architects & engineers on their website.

The person who created the spreadsheet apparently used some other method for "validating" members, because he or she claims to have eliminated everyone except those with licenses and/or degrees. How was it done?


By copying and pasting the list posted on the AE911Truth site. Go look at the list on AE911Truth, look at the spreadsheet, look at the list, look at the spreadsheet. See how they are identical?

All that person really did is select one column from the list and count it up separately. It is AE911Truth's sorting method that eliminated those without licenses. The author of the post describing the methodology did screw up in the use of the term and/or. It should be just and, although there are still a few boners in AE911Truth's list (such as the EIT's I mentioned previously).

At any rate, it is quite clear that stating they have 640 architects and engineers is either an outright lie, or equivocation at its finest.

Regardless of any goof-ups on the AE911Truth.info site.
 
By copying and pasting the list posted on the AE911Truth site. Go look at the list on AE911Truth, look at the spreadsheet, look at the list, look at the spreadsheet. See how they are identical?

All that person really did is select one column from the list and count it up separately. It is AE911Truth's sorting method that eliminated those without licenses. The author of the post describing the methodology did screw up in the use of the term and/or. It should be just and, although there are still a few boners in AE911Truth's list (such as the EIT's I mentioned previously).

At any rate, it is quite clear that stating they have 640 architects and engineers is either an outright lie, or equivocation at its finest.

Regardless of any goof-ups on the AE911Truth.info site.

An EIT can call himself an engineer. He can't, however, call himself a licensed engineer. You go to jail for that in some states. It's called fraud.
 
An EIT can call himself an engineer. He can't, however, call himself a licensed engineer. You go to jail for that in some states. It's called fraud.

Hell, I myself have had the word "engineer" in my job title on occasion. I've even designed post-and-beam barns and built them with my own two hands. Those two things together would probably qualify me as president of the weird little A&E club. Yet I wouldn't set foot in any skyscraper I designed.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom